1st Competition enquiry

James P-C

Supporter
Supporter
Hi - I'm after some advice from seasoned competitors.
I've been invited to shoot at an inter-county 1440 competition. I have never even watched a competition before (YouTube doesn't really count), let alone participated in one.
I shoot barebow :- Can anyone advise me as to whether I am allowed to change limbs for the 2nd half (50m/30m) distances? (I really hope so!)
Thanks.

Andy!

As long as your bow with both limbs and arrows pass inspection, there are no rules against it. You could have a separate bow for every arrow as long as they all pass inspection. There are absolutely no World Archery rules against having or electing to use spare equipment at any time.

James P-C

Supporter
Supporter
As long as your bow with both limbs and arrows pass inspection, there are no rules against it. You could have a separate bow for every arrow as long as they all pass inspection. There are absolutely no World Archery rules against having or electing to use spare equipment at any time.
Cool! Thanks very much. There isn't much competition/tournament experience in my club at the moment, so whilst the only other club member that has competed recently said that he thought that it was fine and that he had seen others using totally different bows for different distances, I thought that I should ask here for some reassurance. Thanks again!

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Make sure you have a chat with your team mates on the day - they'll look after you as things progress too.