2 plungers? Noob question

SimonW47

Hi I'm doing some reading as I'm looking at buying my own kit soon I think I understand what the plunger does, but I was reading a recurve guide and it mentions fitting a second button why would you want too do that what difference would it make to set up and shot and if it would be a good thing to do
any advice and opinions would be helpful
thank you
simon

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Hi I'm doing some reading as I'm looking at buying my own kit soon I think I understand what the plunger does, but I was reading a recurve guide and it mentions fitting a second button why would you want too do that what difference would it make to set up and shot and if it would be a good thing to do
any advice and opinions would be helpful
thank you
simon
Can you post where it says a second button? Most bows have a second button *hole*, but that just gives you a choice of positioning.

fbirder

Some people use different arrows for indoor and outdoor shooting. The pressure button needs to be tuned for each type. Instead of fiddling about, many people have two buttons, one tuned for each type.

SimonW47

That makes sense, but the way this was written sounded like they were fitted at the same time as it mentioned setting them identically

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Two identical buttons sounds like one is a spare, or even a check to go back to if the one in use should change for some reason.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
That's basically what the guide says; how to set a second button up the same as the first one. Probably useful if you haven't got a button checker.