2022 F***ball World Cup - Doomsday scenario

Furface

Supporter
I know I am a glass half empty chap at times, but.....
As a result of the WC being held in winter in 2022, the professional game in Europe plays more games in the summer. There are fewer complaints from the players that the rain is mussing their hairdos, there are fewer postponements because of ground conditions, and the fans find they can take their shirts off to reveal their manly bellies without getting frostbite. Someone suggests it is a good idea, so they move the season (as Rugby League did). The amateur game, being more vulnerable to ground conditions, gratefully follows suit.
Imagine the effect this would have on ground share or multi-sports clubs. If the West Yorkshire FA is anything to go by, the football authorities believe such grounds are theirs to dictate to, and other sports can go hang.
Could this happen? What would/could/should we do to prevent it?

blakey

I know I am a glass half empty chap at times, but.....
As a result of the WC being held in winter in 2022, the professional game in Europe plays more games in the summer. There are fewer complaints from the players that the rain is mussing their hairdos, there are fewer postponements because of ground conditions, and the fans find they can take their shirts off to reveal their manly bellies without getting frostbite. Someone suggests it is a good idea, so they move the season (as Rugby League did). The amateur game, being more vulnerable to ground conditions, gratefully follows suit.
Imagine the effect this would have on ground share or multi-sports clubs. If the West Yorkshire FA is anything to go by, the football authorities believe such grounds are theirs to dictate to, and other sports can go hang.
Could this happen? What would/could/should we do to prevent it?
I'd have thought that the risk of breakages and injuries from playing on hard grounds in the summer would make this unlikely? Is't the idea of playing in the mud and rain about player safety? Down here of course playing ball sports in high summer can literally be life threatening. The players would fall through the cracks. :)

Rabid Hamster

Ironman
I'd have thought that the risk of breakages and injuries from playing on hard grounds in the summer would make this unlikely? Is't the idea of playing in the mud and rain about player safety? Down here of course playing ball sports in high summer can literally be life threatening. The players would fall through the cracks. :)
ever played rugby on frozen tundra?
But then kickball players are delicate flowers and a graze to the knee usually has them on injured reserve for 6 months!