Wanted 3/16 cable guards wanted

AndyW

Hi All,
If anyone's got an unthreaded 3/16 cable guard in good condition ( bent metal type )they no longer love I'm in need of a few for a little project i'm playing with. Happy to send you cheques for p+p if you have. If by any chance there's a Saunders Z rod out in the ether going for a song - pm me a price.
Thanks in advance.

Shirt

Buy some 3/16" rod off eBay, whack it in a vice and bend it? That's what I did to build my current spare...

AndyW

OK - der. Now why couldn't I have thought of that. Sorry folks. Did you go for stainless?

Shirt

Something like this : 3 x Stainless Steel 316 Round Bar 3/16" Dia x 330mm | eBay (no affiliation)

When it comes to bending it, work out where you want to bend it and clamp in a vice at that point. Then find a bit of pipe (scaffolding is good if you have a length), slide it over the exposed end and use that to add leverage. Buying multiple bits of rod means you can afford to do this a number of times! :)

AndyW

Thanks Shirt,
I bought a piece of brass rod as I've got weak girl arms so I will see if It's doable when annealed. My reasoning was when it goes horribly wrong I can add to the tat pile. If that doesn't work then stainless it is.
Thanks, Andy