3D in Austria

Davy Tee

Hi peeps I'm thinking of celebrating my 50th by hitting Austria with 3D bonanza in mind. Has anyone ever done a Austrian archery trip and can you give info on best areas etc

Andy.D

I've ben a couple of times and each time stayed at the Tirol Adler hotel in Waidring. The owners are archers themselves and they include vouchers for some of the local courses in their booking price.

Andy.D

I drove down, so took my own kit not sure if you can rent equipment. The terrain can be more challenging as it is the Alps, but not all are too extreme. You can turn up and shoot over there, nno membership needed just ensure you have your own liability insurance which is usually covered under a travel policy (Best to check first though!) Most of the courses I went to were on an honesty box basis so if it's not manned leave your money (About 10 euros) and off you go! Lots of courses to choose from, there are about 20 within an hours drive and the hotel can advise you on which they consider the best etc. If you enjoy 3D archery, you will LOVE Austria.

Davy Tee

Thanks for replies folks think ill go for the Tirol Adler Hotel been checking it all out and it looks amazing