3m to 5m shooting not the panacea to the pandemic

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
850g? That’s light!!
My barebows come in around 6 to 6 1/4lbs with weights. Limitation are getting the riser through a 12.2cm circle. I think all up my compound was about 9 1/2lbs
1589620822043.png
Split weights on left are heavier as they are 2" dia as opposed to the indoor bow at 1 3/4" dia weights

Last edited:

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
When fitting weights to risers I would use a bar shape for the weight, screwed into the bow so the bar lay along the riser and close to the surface.
Is there a rule that says they must be round?

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
When fitting weights to risers I would use a bar shape for the weight, screwed into the bow so the bar lay along the riser and close to the surface.
Is there a rule that says they must be round?
They can be any shape as long as they fit through a 12.2cm hoop. But the weight must be mounted directly to the bow so a bar to fix them to is banned. Gillo weights are a good example.
Ahhh, I see what you mean. Yes a bar shaped weight is fine. But I could get up to 2kg of Gemini weights (split weights)on the bow which is way more than I will ever need :)

Mark2

AIUK Saviour
850g? That’s light!!
Really? or ;)?
I have the following weight distribution as I like the bow to feel fairly heavy but with a neutral reaction on release to give no movement forward or back of the top limb.

Bow weights.png

Total weight 950 g, with option for another 150 g on the front weight.
Total bow weight 2.75 kg.

Last edited: