A little personal Achievement

bolerus

Sometimes, an Achievement is a big thing ( hitting 550 Portsmouth for example, which was a really big on for me) sometimes they are a small ones.

I have been going through the 252 scheme, last week, I managed my second success at 60 yards ( actually hit 265 with one missed arrow, - wind caught me and blew me bow arm just as i was releasing)

Last night, I did another one at 60 ( only 258 this time) then moved up to 80 yards for the first time properly, only shot a dozen, but all 12 hit the target, and managed a gold ( only one though)

At the weekend, I will fail my first 252 attempt at 80 yards, now that I have some sight marks :)

bolerus

Heehee, It was the "having sight marks" bit that made me think you were expecting to do OK.
fair enough, when I was shooting the 60yards, I would say to my shooting partner, do you fancy joining me to fail a 252

and then when I didnt make the score, I had succeeded the goal.. just a silly little bit of play on words fun

of course when i managed the score, I failed to fail at 252

*edit

plus I dont want to get the 252 too quickly, because that will mean changing something to be able to reach 100 yards for the next one... and I have only just bought arrows ( although they do have 120 grain piles, so i could reduce them if i need to up the poundage on my limbs)

Dr. B

It's a big jump!
My first 80y 252 was 183 last month.
What makes it worse is that I'd been shooting a lot at 70m and scoring 38 an end.
80y is not much further but of course is imperial scoring so the numbers are lower!
80y is going to be tough to crack.
PS. I shot one 100y 252 in prep for a club comp and got 106 which I was pleased with, then got 175 in the comp, which amazed me!

bolerus

I havent actually attempted an 80 yards yet, although I did last week do a 70m metric ( or whatever the new name is) and got my first, first class score, and at my first attempt

was averaging 41 up until that last end, at which point I realised that I had already got my target score, then promptly missed ( first miss) and got a 1....

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
70m is just about 77yds so 80y is not much of an extra challenge.
So, you now know how well you can shoot; which is very encouraging.
AND you know what not to do... which is very educational. heehee.
Nice!

bolerus

just because I want to :) I will update. Got my First class last week. i did it with 2x fita 70s ( or WA70 i think they are called now) and one long national. It looks to be a BIIIG jump to Bowman, but that is for next year lol, ned to take time to savour my new badge :)

had a couple of goes at 252 at 80 yards best score so far has been 232 ( in good conditions)