A pleasent surprise

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
Recently we had a friendly shoot with another club, shooting an Albion round. Bit of a heavy mist, and some gusty wind.

With the sighters all being off the boss things weren't looking to hopeful as I've been having good an bad days in archery recently, but that is the joy of shooting longbow. So bracing myself for the worst the round started, surprisingly I can hear the first couple of arrows land, I can see some moving on the paper but can't make out the location. So with figuring a hit is better than nothing I try and repeat for each one.

Going up to score, not only have all 6 arrows hit the boss at 80yds, 3 of them landed very comfortably in the gold ring. :)

So time to send off for a new badge. (Btw if anyone else is interested the other 3 arrows scored 5)

Berk

I bet that brought a big old smile to your face when you got up there. Nicely done at the best of times, let alone when there's a mist obscuring things.

little-else

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
well done for that. Getting that relaxed mental state and repeatability is the epsilon of shooting.

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
I bet that brought a big old smile to your face when you got up there. Nicely done at the best of times, let alone when there's a mist obscuring things.
Oh yes big smile......so much so I got too excited and only landed 2 arrows next end.

well done for that. Getting that relaxed mental state and repeatability is the epsilon of shooting.
With that setting me up for the day I managed a new PB, putting an extra 40points on what I'd shot only 2 weeks before. 462 :D

D

Deleted member 7654

It's a classic illustration of how trying to constantly "correct" actually spoils performance.
Because you can't see where the arrows landed, you couldn't spoil your shooting.
Nice :)
Del

D

Deleted member 7654

Oh no it isn't, oh yes it is, why do you always contradict me...
I don't... oh yes you do etc....

Raven's_Eye

Ironman
Just to show this wasn't a fluke, I managed to shoot another 3 gold end this Sunday past, but rather than doing it at 80yds, I managed it at 100yds. :D