A VERY TOUCHING MOMENT

philhoney

Hi,
Our clubs long-time chairman (Pete) has finally been given the go-ahead to emigrate to Australia so that he can spend the rest of his life with his family.
We held our Christmas shoot on Monday 17th and it seemed the right time to say farewell to our friend.
First of all we had a game of "round the clock" darts with a very close finish and then we popped lots of balloons with Santa and a Snowman as backgrounds. There was lots to eat and drink with music and (I think) everyone had a good time.
We put everything away and swept up ant it was time to get serious. Our oldest member presented a block and gavel (He never had one when he was chairman) to Pete and then my 2 grandaughters gave him a couple of Welsh Dragon Badges for him and his wife to remind them of Wales.
Handshakes all round with the adults and then my 11yr old grandaughter stepped forward, shook his hand and then flung her arms around him and gave him a great big hug and he hugged her back. She's about 5ft and 11yrs old, he's over 6ft and 62 but you could see there was genuine affection and respect between them. It took everyone by surprise and there were several members trying to hold back the tears, me included.
I can honestly say that I was proud to witness it and will remember it to the end of my days.
Phil

not THE Robin

Do we have a *sniff/snuffle* emeticon yet???

Always sad to say Farewell to old friends, but know that they are going to where they want to be.

Sad to see them go, but still happy to see them live the dream. :cheerful: