ACG arrow spine?

Hudzi93

Hi, I've seen some ACG's with a spine of 610 and length 28 5/16 inches (nock groove to end of shaft). This is the perfect length for me but I'm wondering if they're correctly spiked for my setup.

I have 34# petron pro extreme limbs wound in to about 35#, and I have approximately a 29-29.5" draw length measured to the button plus 1 3/4 inches. Would the spine of these arrows be ok or would I ideally go for 660?

I've been looking at acc and acg arrows on the second hand market, and it's very difficult to find ones that suit. These seem perfect if they are correctly spined and I may not come across another suitable set of arrows for a while yet. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Edit: I forgot to mention that the arrows have ACE inserts and screw in points, although I don't know their weights.

roytherecurve

The fact that say you have a draw length of 29-29.5" (measured to the button) tells me straight away that these arrows are too short! unless you mean draw length (to the button) + 1,3/4 inches = 29-29.5 inches. You must be very sure about this or you may end up purchasing the wrong length arrows.
The best guide to use is the Easton spine chart. You also have the option to change point weight but strangely not for target arrows which is clearly a shortcoming that I would have thought Easton should have addressed by now.
I personally find them to come up a little on the stiff side but that's maybe because I only have an arrow length of 25 1/4"! ( draw length 25 3/4" to the back of the riser) but I've never pulled it off the rest in 7 years shooting!

Hudzi93

The fact that say you have a draw length of 29-29.5" (measured to the button) tells me straight away that these arrows are too short! unless you mean draw length (to the button) + 1,3/4 inches = 29-29.5 inches. You must be very sure about this or you may end up purchasing the wrong length arrows.
The best guide to use is the Easton spine chart. You also have the option to change point weight but strangely not for target arrows which is clearly a shortcoming that I would have thought Easton should have addressed by now.
I personally find them to come up a little on the stiff side but that's maybe because I only have an arrow length of 25 1/4"! ( draw length 25 3/4" to the back of the riser) but I've never pulled it off the rest in 7 years shooting!
I meant to the button + 1 3/4 inches. I mentioned that but you may have missed it. I'm pretty sure you do get different point weights, although I'd rather not increase point weight to reduce spine. If I did this then I'd unnecessarily be getting a heavier shaft and and then putting a heavier point to weaken it, in which case I'd rather just get slightly weaker arrows. According to the easton chart, they may be ever so slightly overspined but that's only a rough guide.

mk1

It's an X
Supporter
OK - I see your thinking - you are 27 12/16 to the button and these arrows will give you about 1" beyond the button if you include the length of the point. That is a bit of a small margin - it is not impossble, but if you are still learning I would say you might end up needing even more length after a few weeks and so it will be false economy to buy these arrows.