Alternative to the Quencha Base Seconds tent??

RayM

Hello all,

So I see that the Quench Base seconds seems to be the tent of choice however its now out of production - so what alternatives are out there that folks can recommend?

~R.

Kernowlad

Supporter
Supporter
Ours recently broke (we use it mainly for a dog tent when out in our camper) so I decided to get a proper trekking tent and have since wild camped a few times with the kids.
The tent I got is great but probably a bit OTT - a Vango Zenith Pro 300. Very light, super easy to pitch. Vango does a wide range of similar tents.
Khyam does a pop up tent but it's pricey.

Whitehart

For most just a large fishing brolly is enough and you can get one with sides, pleased to hear the quetcha's are no more far too big (fine if sharing) but take up far too much room on tent line. Fantastic barrier for anyone wanting to watch the shooting and stop archers getting to the shooting line without having to zig zag for miles.

Corax67

Don't shoot many comps but I have used my Fox carp bivvy along with my Fox fishing chair - super comfy chair, the bivvy keeps out the worst bad weather and is a superb shade in the current scorchio sun. It assembles very quickly, can be set up as an open fronted shelter or a fully enclosed tent and the zip off front panels can be rolled & tied back to allow various levels of access. Mine has adjustable vents to provide some air flow too, assisted last weekend by a cheap solar powered fan.

In the event of mishaps they are easily patched or repaired - anglers can be a clumsy bunch - so should give many many years of solid service.

They are pricey to buy new (up to ?350) but masses of Fox and Fox-a-like bivvies come up on eBay every week and go for ?30-?100 ish depending on what you want and how heavily you intend to use it.

Karl