Alternatives to pop a bivvy???

jet186

After attending my first outdoor shoot this year and without any form of shelter yet, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a tent that is easy to put up and dismantle,:idea: as I use crutches and the mobility is not what it used to be:bang: I need something that is lightweight and portable but something a little taller in height.

Regards

John

jet186

eyup pet...aren't you paying attention??

we've just done one of these threads here ;)
Aye of course I was paying attention, I had already read that thread before the week end, and found nothing, I even tried searching for your elusive "Millets deluxe beach shelter for 17 quid" but had no luck whatsoever, think i'll just go and chew on a PB cup:gnasher:

tel

Fonz Awardee
Just for info I've just got a double outhouse to replace the deluxe beach shelter (which is OK but too low) and it is much easier to pitch, so if you feel the outhouse would be a problem stay away from the beach shelter ;)

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
'scuse me but mine is a DELUXE beach shelter and if it weren't for you, i'd have my double Outhouse!!!! :raspberry

tel

Fonz Awardee
so was mine :raspberry And if I hadn't bought an outhouse then I wouldn't have known to tell you about it!:raspberry:raspberry

Neo

Hi john Ray from priory last year had a massive carp shelter that was 7 ft tall big enough for 3 or 4 people.

If your on your own i think my pop a bivy is big enough. You can get in it just dipping your head a bit and sit down.

Also one of the easiest tents ive ever assembled and put away.

tel

Fonz Awardee
..which is fine if you are comfortable sitting - I'm not and do it as infrequently as is possible. I am far happier standing - one or two day events, through lunch, whatever.

Neo

depends how tall you are for a pop a bivvy. Im 6'1" so I have to squat or sit. Standing is cramped.

grimsby archer

I found this in argos.

I days gone by we all used fishing brolleys. The big ones that tilt. My dad (70 years young) turned up at the shoot on sunday with his 30 year old one, followed closely by one of those guys from antiques roadshow. Easy to put up and (unlike a pop-a-bivvy) easy to put away.

Neo

I found this in argos.

I days gone by we all used fishing brolleys. The big ones that tilt. My dad (70 years young) turned up at the shoot on sunday with his 30 year old one, followed closely by one of those guys from antiques roadshow. Easy to put up and (unlike a pop-a-bivvy) easy to put away.

Only problem is it weighs almost 9kg and would take 2 people to put up. Jet186 needs an easy assembley jobby lightweight and compact.

Some one please invent a 7 ft tall pop a bivvy. it would solve all the probs.

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
Some one please invent a 7 ft tall pop a bivvy. it would solve all the probs.
they do have them, but they're lacking in design. they're used as portable spray tanning booths. you can find them on ebay.

tel

Fonz Awardee
That is the very thing! I never knew they did them. Prices vary a lot though so have a look round.
HERE if anyones interested :)

wingate_52

Decathalon, and presumably fishing shops, sell a large 2.5m dia umbrella with skirts that can be pegged down.