Android scoring apps...

The Geezer

Not sure if this is the right thread to post on ?

I have been using the Archery Companion quite happily now for a little while however I don't know how to add 'custom rounds' ? I have hunted the internet for answers but I can't find any mention of creation of custom rounds.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

Popeye

Geezer, to create a custom round you go into the rounds section then click custom then click the menu button on your phone ,not in the app then create round should appear. My HTC has the 3 parallel as the menu button.

The Geezer

Geezer, to create a custom round you go into the rounds section then click custom then click the menu button on your phone ,not in the app then create round should appear. My HTC has the 3 parallel as the menu button.
Hi Popeye, thanks for the reply. That worked a treat !

Hello

I finally caught this thread and nice to see people who are using my app and thing it is a good. I am more then open to add new features (Facebook integration and own sight marks coming next).
My next two targets are to address the losing scores while shooting and the small fonts on some screen (zoom in coming)

If any issues / new features please let me know. I created the app with the help of a few guys here and I am thankful for that

James
Creator of Archery ScorePad (Android / Blackberry)
Hi J_Dudley,

I'm fairly new to the app as I was using Archery Companion before but the inability to export scores made me move over to yours and so far it's great.

A couple of questions / comments.

How do I change the date on a round already shot? Had a good look through but couldn't find how to do it.

Rounds - Clout
These are for a single 1 way clout. I can create a customer round but do not have the option to select the correct scoring method which in this instance is 5 zone scoring. There is the Worcester but it would be nice if it had the option to add the correct one the same as the inbuilt clout rounds.

Regardless of the above, it's a big thumbs up from me :)

fanio

I downloaded it (Archery Scorepad), and it seemed to be working OK (on Samsung Galaxy S2). Shot a score last night but every time I try to look at the "Details" (i.e. would like to see end totals) (by touching the little "Details" button) the app crashes, and I get a "Report"/"Force Close" option.

Also happened when I tried to add "comments" to a scoresheet.

Anyone else had this problem? JD, any thoughts why?

J_Dudley

I added new features that are work differently between older and newer versions of Android.
I have uploaded a couple of new versions the last couple of days to fix these.
Sorry to all users who saw these issues but should all be fixed now

Dates can be changed by selecting the round and clicking Edit. There is a Change Date option there

I always intended to add Clout option to the Custom Rounds. I will get this added for the next release

J_Dudley

New Release is coming soon.
Addressing the Continue Round Issue that some people have seen.
Also will let you plot your scores over a years shooting. was going to make it from 1st Jan to 31st Dec but this would not really help. Would you guys think 1st Apirl to 30th March be better

Also hopefully will have one of the biggest requests. Handicaps!
Sorting out a licence so I can use the Tables

Wolfthing

I used to use Archery Companion but rapidly reached it's limitations - being unable to export and with no classifications I was getting increasingly worries about all this data being "stuck" in an app without any real way of getting it out again.

Moved to Archery Scorepad, I'd actually tried it before but found it hideous and a bit clunky in layout and usage - but since returning to it, found the features far out weigh the graphical user interface and the look & feel.

Archery Scorepad stores sight marks better than Archery Companion and I can export full scorecards and e-mail them to our records officer (who I'm sure is going to get cheesed off with that in no time at all!).

L.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I've been thinking about usability for a while now.
It seems to me that for a scoring application, the data entry part has to be quick and simple; as few steps as possible, both to get to the point of entering a score, and also in actually entering a score.

Ideally, I would visualize something where you are effectively just entering a stream of arrow scores, no selection from lists, no double taps etc.

I haven't found anything like that yet.

Wolfthing

Well Scorepad is almost exactly like that with a "delete last arrow" and "next end" button.

A nice little feature is up in the top right is a little button which shows you your sight marks for the round you're scoring against.

My only complaint is that it really could do with a pop up to remind you to change distances part way through the round.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Wolfthing

I have to say it's flippin' awesome not just having James using the same forum as us back actually listening, effecting changes and asking for feedback and suggestions on future features. It's so bonkers good I'm having to punch myself.

(i sent some suggestions through Google Play to Archery Companion, before i re discovered Archery ScorePad, and gave up waiting)

Many thanks James, your efforts are really appreciated.

L.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

J_Dudley

I am working on the next release. Having a few issues getting round the Continue Round issue and the task it does now takes a few seconds so looking to add a "please wait" sign so it does not confuse people

I like the idea of telling you to change sight marks. I will add this to my feature list. Either as a quick popup or a solid popup with the next sight marks and not disappear until you click OK.

Another feature I am going to add soon which someone said at Andover FITA was to not only track your best scores but also the best distance scores. ie for a FITA it will tell you what your best 90, 70, 50 and 30 and the shoot you got it at.

Also I have secured a Licence for the Handicap Tables so that will be added very soon

Bertybobby

James, when inputting the score it says "completed ends" when the number in there is actually "completed dozen".

Can the app be made to show both?

Also can it be made possible to save incomplete rounds?

Keep up the good work.