Another Question About Tabs

tony08

Years back I owned a leather tab which had a loop for the middle finger and an inner layer of thinner, softer leather for added comfort.
One feature of this inner layer was that (where the slit for the nock was) it extended inwards, a bit on either side, into two small rounded flaps of leather which curved around the bottom of the index finger and the top of the middle finger.
This meant that those fingers were not in direct contact with the nock but you could nevertheless still feel the arrow.

I'm looking for a similar replacement tab but to no avail. It seems the new mode is for finger spacers, rather than any contact at all.

Many also come with a platform (no idea what it's for) - too small to rest my cup of tea on!

In desperation I'm even considering a glove but I've never used one, so I don't know if this could lead to uneven release problems.

Does anyone know where I may find something (primitive?) like the one I used to use, or can anyone advise me on a modern alternative. I don't much like the idea of a finger spacer, as I want to 'feel' the action but without sores on my finger tips.

Also, on-line they are sold in Small, Medium, Large & XLarge. My Marigolds :lookaroun are Large, so can I assume my tab would need to be?

Tony

not dead yet

Ironman
don't assume nothing..........

them tabs are years n years old remember my dad havin one of them.

unless someone could make one or modify a new style tab
pete

jeves

It may be worth looking at the "Angel" tab.

Atlernative archery have them but dont allow direct links.

tony08

Yes, the Black Widow and Angel do look like what I'm after.

Is the Angel available through UK suppliers?

Thanks
Tony

spavo

Years back I owned a leather tab which had a loop for the middle finger and an inner layer of thinner, softer leather for added comfort.
One feature of this inner layer was that (where the slit for the nock was) it extended inwards, a bit on either side, into two small rounded flaps of leather which curved around the bottom of the index finger and the top of the middle finger.
This meant that those fingers were not in direct contact with the nock but you could nevertheless still feel the arrow.

I'm looking for a similar replacement tab but to no avail. It seems the new mode is for finger spacers, rather than any contact at all.

Many also come with a platform (no idea what it's for) - too small to rest my cup of tea on!

In desperation I'm even considering a glove but I've never used one, so I don't know if this could lead to uneven release problems.

Does anyone know where I may find something (primitive?) like the one I used to use, or can anyone advise me on a modern alternative. I don't much like the idea of a finger spacer, as I want to 'feel' the action but without sores on my finger tips.

Also, on-line they are sold in Small, Medium, Large & XLarge. My Marigolds :lookaroun are Large, so can I assume my tab would need to be?

Tony
Not read the whole thread but Sorry but here goes

It sounds like an Angel tab I got about 3 months ago from alternative around 15quid.

reklaws

Hi Tony

Speak to me at the club on Tuesday night & I will be able to show you various types of tab including Angel & even let you try a few to see what you think.

See you Tuesday

Scott

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Tony08,
I have several bits of leather offcuts. If you fancy making your own under layer from some of that, you are welcome.

tony08

Hi Tony

Speak to me at the club on Tuesday night & I will be able to show you various types of tab including Angel & even let you try a few to see what you think.

See you Tuesday

Scott
Hi Scott,
Looks like it'll be Thursday night now, as the boss has a tennis match on Tuesday:headache:
She just informed me tonight :-(

Regards
Tony

mf78

Both the Angel and Wilson (Black Widow) tabs are excellent, I own both and currently slightly prefer the black widow. This is largely because it has an extra layer of material that makes it feel nicer for my draw weight. If i could figure out an easy way of adding a layer of oberon to the Angel without having to restitch everything, I'd likely be using that.

Theres a store in Japan that sells different versions of the Angel tab. Archery Equipments archery-direct. Pretty much every combination with/without finger spacers, chin platforms etc. Though the platform and spacer are easy enough to remove if you buy the full model that seems to be stocked in the UK.

mf78

Just changed my opinion somewhat on the Wilson tab after shooting it in rain all day today. I found that when the tab gets soaked, the bit covering the middle finger rides up towards the arrow totally changing the way your fingers feel in contact with the string. This may be to do with my finger placement and pressure etc, but it was somewhat distracting. My wife, who was also shooting a Wilson, found the same thing.

I think its because the lower bit of the tab is cut between the middle and ring fingers - my middle finger seems to want to press into the cut between them. If they made this tab with a solid lower section (ie without the cut) it would be, I think, the perfect tab for me.

tony08

I think its because the lower bit of the tab is cut between the middle and ring fingers - my middle finger seems to want to press into the cut between them. If they made this tab with a solid lower section (ie without the cut) it would be, I think, the perfect tab for me.
Hi mf78,
I found this slightly odd too and wasn't 100% sold on the justification given for it, which I read on a site somewhere. Perhaps the Angel is a better bet.

Regards
Tony