Another Tournament, another breach of 307.

rachann

Supporter
Supporter
I was at another tournament at the weekend and again an archer on the line in breach of 307. Why do the tournament organisers make it clear on the entry forms that the dress code will apply and then ignore it at the shoot? Is this something that the judges should be enforcing?

Rant over!:raspberry

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I was at another tournament at the weekend and again an archer on the line in breach of 307. Why do the tournament organisers make it clear on the entry forms that the dress code will apply and then ignore it at the shoot? Is this something that the judges should be enforcing?

oh dear. Which was it? Olive drab, camo, or blue denim...?

ben tarrow

Is this just a wind up, or is this just a posting by a moron?

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
You'd rather an archer was simply sent home or made to shoot in their underpants?? The TO/DOS are entitled to make an exception, especially if it was a new archer, on the reminder for future events.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
To be honest, given that an archer could wear "yummy sushi" pajamas, or a latex gimp suit on the line, and still be within the rules, who really cares about denim...?

One of these days, rule 307 will really bite the dust, and then only camo will be banned (at wrs comps only). If they can ever come up with a sensible definition of "camo"...

Corax67

To be honest, given that an archer could wear "yummy sushi" pajamas, or a latex gimp suit on the line, and still be within the rules, who really cares about denim...
Considering the heat wave we are experiencing the gimp suit is only really an option for properly hard core archers ;)

It came up in conversation at club on Saturday that there was possibly going to be a tightening of 307 because it was felt dress standards had swung too far in the direction of casual.

There are some legs displayed in shorts at this time of year that should be licensed though :)

Karl

D

Deleted member 7654

Indeed everyone knows BLUE DENIM is extremely harmful, the dust from it and even visual exposure can provoke upper respiratory tract problems and heart failure in in stupid old duffers.
WALOOB !
Why oh why does anyone even care?
Does it effect fit, form, function, safety or child protection in some way?
Still on the plus side it may move people towards field archery and away from the money go round.
Del

jerryRTD

Indeed everyone knows BLUE DENIM is extremely harmful, the dust from it and even visual exposure can provoke upper respiratory tract problems and heart failure in in stupid old duffers.
WALOOB !
Why oh why does anyone even care?
Does it effect fit, form, function, safety or child protection in some way?
Still on the plus side it may move people towards field archery and away from the money go round.
Del
That's it I'm going to wear blue jeans more often.

AndyW

If it helps any why not really go for it. Levi do a camo range of cords. Not denim I know but you've got to admire the middle aged mind behind stealth cords.

- - - Updated - - -

If it helps any why not really go for it. Levi do a camo range of cords. Not denim I know but you've got to admire the middle aged mind behind stealth cords.

- - - Updated - - -

Duck Quack.

- - - Updated - - -

Duck Quack.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea - they do echo, another myth busted.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
It's a strange one this, is it not.
How many clubs have their own club colours for archery? Our club does and it's a small friendly sort of club; not at all pompous or go getting.
Why should that be, when most archers seem to want to wear what they feel is appropriate?
So, in a way, we swap green or white uniform, for team uniforms.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a strange one this, is it not.
How many clubs have their own club colours for archery? Our club does and it's a small friendly sort of club; not at all pompous or go getting.
Why should that be, when most archers seem to want to wear what they feel is appropriate?
So, in a way, we swap green or white uniform, for team uniforms.

Witty_Banter

All joking aside, our club has team colours, and a team shirt (RAF blue polo shirts). However, most military clubs that I've experienced don't enforce / mandate the purchase of club uniform, unless you're on a representative team, in which case the club will usually 'issue' one. Our club is actually very small, only get 3 or 4 that turn up regularly, sometimes straight from work - so occasionally people will be in full combat dress / RAF blues (shirt / trousers), PT kit, or whatever they've been wearing that day. No camo on the line probably wouldn't work at our club lol!

Witty_Banter

All joking aside, our club has team colours, and a team shirt (RAF blue polo shirts). However, most military clubs that I've experienced don't enforce / mandate the purchase of club uniform, unless you're on a representative team, in which case the club will usually 'issue' one. Our club is actually very small, only get 3 or 4 that turn up regularly, sometimes straight from work - so occasionally people will be in full combat dress / RAF blues (shirt / trousers), PT kit, or whatever they've been wearing that day. No camo on the line probably wouldn't work at our club lol!

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Yes, there is no one saying everyone must buy the club uniform. I was really just pointing out that although the old single uniform green or white seemed so unpopular, there is still something inside a lot of us that still likes being dressed a certain way.
How many parents of school children, hated their own school uniform, but like to see their own kids in one?
Clothing is more than just a cover up job, it can make us feel part of OUR group.Whatever group.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, there is no one saying everyone must buy the club uniform. I was really just pointing out that although the old single uniform green or white seemed so unpopular, there is still something inside a lot of us that still likes being dressed a certain way.
How many parents of school children, hated their own school uniform, but like to see their own kids in one?
Clothing is more than just a cover up job, it can make us feel part of OUR group.Whatever group.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I've nothing against someone wearing a uniform, if they want to... So long as they don't try and force the rest of us to do so. Then it's just another aspect of bullying and abuse.

Witty_Banter

There is still something inside a lot of us that still likes being dressed a certain way.
Yep I've got no arguments with that - for example, I've always liked wearing casual shirts, trousers and shoes as everyday clothing (going out shopping etc), which my wife thinks is completely overdressing (she prefers jeans and a jumper, regardless of the weather), and I can't crowbar my teenage son out of his chav 'uniform'...

I must admit I do like the club shirts, and I'd probably wear it to club nights every week if I had one - but I'd probably be the only one there wearing it!

I was never a fan of blazers as school uniform (what I had to go through, and what my kids will have to go through). Yes they look smart, but I think that look is outdated as far as school uniform goes - I'd prefer to see something like a school polo shirt, and let the kids wear whatever jacket their family are happy with / can afford. I just wish that, if they're going to wear a shirt and tie, they'd at least tuck the bloody shirts in.... :)