[Horsebow] Anyone know where I can purchas a relatively cheap Horsebow

SimonS

Hi all, looking for a cheap (ish) horsebow for my son, currently a recurve target archer, but looking to have a bit of fun shooting at a longer distance target bit like clout. Was told that E-Bay was good but looking to spend aroung ?55 max, from E-Bay (China) they are all over that price then theres the postage.
Ay advice or links welcome, thanks

Yew Selfbow

Take a look at the cheapo(ish) Chinese bows on Amazon
...but remember .... a cheap bow is cheap for a reason but, it doesn't mean your son won't have great fun shooting and to add a little more interest, get him to try shooting with a thumb ring.
....and if it breaks ... well... you can always hang it on your wall

Berny

if you can lay your hands on 2nd hand (e.g. via ebay)
Samick's SKB & Kaya KTB/Windfighter can be found for your budget
& come with the benefit of their brand name & generally proven quality.

I have acquired 3 SKBs this way (1 for me 2 for the club) & Kaya Windfighter (for me) this way, the latter being my favourite.

Of the unknown/anonymous brand bows I keep away from any wrapped in leather (& yes i have tried a few) as usually hiding under
there is a solid block/sheet of glass & the cast is poor.

The "honest" bows that show the wood-glass laminations are a different kettle of fish - what you see is what you get ;-)
I have a "Ming" style one - very good cast, reasonable finish & fun bow to shoot - although i believe a lot of these are made to
1 weight i.e. whatever it comes out to circa #40-#50. Mine came from China/HongKong, no import duty, turned up in week, but was double your
budget - but in my experience worth it.