Anyone read any of these??

Big.Dave

I'm looking to expand my mental training and would like to hear if anyone has read any of the following books and what they think about them.

Succeed In Sport, Understanding Winning Archery and In Pursuit of Excellence.

cloutman360

I'm looking to expand my mental training and would like to hear if anyone has read any of the following books and what they think about them.

Had another read of Succeed In Sport yesterday, before I made out my charts for next year!!

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
"Understanding Winning Archery". A good read.
To me, it is like a mentor/ favourite uncle explaining what and why, as opposed to a sports scientist, perhaps.

Flying Whale

I really like Understanding Winning Archery. Haven't read the others, so I can't comment on them.

I also like Lanny Basham's "With Winning in Mind".

Mistake

Ironman
Also, I would recomend "Zen in the Art of Archery", whilst not a strict mental management book, it has some interesting things in it

I also found 'Understanding Winning Archery' very easy to read but my favourite is 'With Winning in Mind'.
If you can find a copy of the Jay Barrs video 'The Mental Game', that's very good too.

telcontar

"In Pursuit of Excellence" from Orlick is truly nice, even better for me is "The New Toughness Training for Sports" from Loehr, published in 94.

Needed for both is: adaptation to the specifics of the respective sport.

I was quite disappointed from "The mental edge" written by Baum, despite the good reviews of it.

magic Squares

In pursuit of excellence which i think is now edition 4 is very good for life skills and archery.

Another good book which is now out of print is the Golfer and the millionaire by Mark Fisher

With winning in mind is on cd as well