Archery games on PC & Android?

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
Wondering what experience people have of 'virtual archery'.

I did some online research but the recommendations I've seen certainly weren't written by archers!

Free is good (but NOT pay-to-win)
Fun is more important that total accuracy

- just something that's not annoying but will while away an hour or so between club nights will do fine :)

Riceburner

The old 'Thief - the Dark Project' PC game had a fairly reasonable (if obviously limited to what controls are available) archery element. I think it's available on Steam.

LionOfNarnia

Supporter
Supporter
It has some good points, but a 20+ year-old game? Can't we do better than that?

- TBH I've never been much of a fan of sneak-em-up games anyway.

I have got (don't ask from where! ⛵🏴‍☠️) a couple of games that are said to have 'elements of archery' but haven't really got into them at time of writing as I'm trying to get my head around the 'Anno' series of city-building games atm (1404 & 2205).

Wot I got is 1) Kingdom Come - Deliverance & 2) Stranded deep but I think what I'm really after is something that is at least 80% target archery, if there is such a thing.

Riceburner

It has some good points, but a 20+ year-old game? Can't we do better than that?

- TBH I've never been much of a fan of sneak-em-up games anyway.

I have got (don't ask from where! ⛵🏴‍☠️) a couple of games that are said to have 'elements of archery' but haven't really got into them at time of writing as I'm trying to get my head around the 'Anno' series of city-building games atm (1404 & 2205).

Wot I got is 1) Kingdom Come - Deliverance & 2) Stranded deep but I think what I'm really after is something that is at least 80% target archery, if there is such a thing.
I've not seen such a thing, there may be a mobile phone game with something that's 'target-archery-like' but I've not seen it, (not that I'd be looking for such a thing anyway. :) )

the cheeky part of me wants to comment that target archery isn't really exciting enough for a digital experience, but I'm trying to keep that part of me quiet. ;)