Are we ready?

Whitehart

1579180705086.png

Are UK tournament organisers sufficiently up to speed to accommodate this for 2020?

For WRS shoots already granted can they now include the new BB round without having to re apply?

Will the National Tour now have space for the new BB round?

Is there a list of National, County and local shoots already making places available for BB archers and the new round?

If not what are BB archers actually doing so they are included?

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Indoors isn't a problem, I know we've been advertising our fita 25 this weekend as an opportunity to shoot a less common WA round and a chance to get a claim in during the first weekend.

Outdoors, I've rarely seen more than 2 barebowers at a 720/H2H event*, and I doubt the introduction will see a vast increase in the numbers wanting to shoot the round. I don't know how interested they would be in having to wait four - five hours until the matches reach the point where the limited numbers mean they'll be starting to shoot matches. The majority of BB archers that are in with a shout of shooting new world records are all primarily field archers.

And it's not like TO's HAVE TO put on the round if it adds more hassle to their work load in arranging the field of play.

* - the notable exceptions being the University Champs and the County Team Tournament

Whitehart

I understand what you are saying, although I can understand why so few have entered 720's and H2H's as they had no separate class so were up against Olympic Recurve.
I am told Target BB is the fastest growing section of our sport - now they have their own round and records will these archers enter shoots in sufficient numbers to make it difficult for tournament organisers not to accommodate them?

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
going from 2 to 4 is an increase of 100%, going from 80 to 88 is only 10%... but one is two extra targets of archers, the other isn't. ;)

I understand what you are saying, although I can understand why so few have entered 720's and H2H's as they had no separate class so were up against Olympic Recurve.
I think they were up against olympic recurve because there were so few of them you would basically be straight into the gold medal match. Assuming there was a second BB archer. So more a case of, if you want matches you'll be shooting against recurves. It's one of those catch 22 situations. If there isn't the interest, there's no point in doing it, but if no-one does it, there will never be the interest!

I am told Target BB is the fastest growing section of our sport - now they have their own round and records will these archers enter shoots in sufficient numbers to make it difficult for tournament organisers not to accommodate them?
I can certainly see the situation occurring where a shoot might have targets out at 50m for a BB to shot their 720 if they want. I can also see them saying there needs to be a minimum number of archers present for there to be head-to-head matches. No world records in recurve head-to-head, so I suppose it might be possible to use the handicap tables to calculate a 70m score to insert them into the recurve lineup if they really wanted to shoot a match.

The University Champs saw 13 gent and 24 lady barebow archers. By far the most number of barebow archers I've seen at any target shoot.
UK Masters, 2 gents, 5 ladies...
British Target Champs, 7 gents, 3 ladies...

If the biggest shoots that do have individual medals for them aren't getting the numbers...

Whitehart

Bit of a chicken and egg situation - Just interested to know whether the numbers of BB archers are out there who want to shoot formal target rounds (I don't think there are many archers of any discipline shooting WRS shoots week in week out that expect to get a WR) and whether organisers have considered them in their planning - if TO's do accommodate BB and they don't attend will Target BB be a flash in the pan....

KidCurry

I shoot Friday evening at a nearby club by invitation. I have done this for a number of years as compound. Last week, for the first time I have seen it, the barebows equaled the recurve and compound combined. I think BB in UK target will come of age over the next five years. Looking forward to the Masters BB this year :)