Arrow issue for recurve

Sinbad

Hi guys, another question but for recurve this time.

So my youngest son has started shooting again while at uni. All his old gear cleaned up and new string etc. Left handed 6’1” around 29-30” draw. Got some new 70” 26lb limbs for him to start with, (tall but no meat on the bone). Let the limbs out a little so he has a draw to the chin without straining, comes in around 24-25lb.

He has a couple of sets of arrows from his compound days, but the longer of the set are Easton platinum 1816 which were the ones from when he did recurve a while back. They are tail kicking to the left badly. I know the arrows are stiff, made multi changes to the button firm and then soft to see if it could take anything out of them. It only has a small pile in at the moment, would it be best to get heavier points to get them back a little until we can add more poundage or just bit the bullet and get some more cheap arrows for a couple of months until they come into use?

Forgot to say, he is left handed.

Thanks in advance for all and any responses.

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
You *could*.
But is he just shooting 18m or 20yds over the winter? In which case, how do they group? If they group well, within his abilities, I wouldn't worry too much until it's time to go outdoors.

Sinbad

Excellent, sounds like a plan. Fingers crossed as he shoots 2-3 times a week at indoor 18m/20yds we can increase the poundage to bring them straight for summer. The grouping is good, all within a few cm of each other. Saves me some money ;)

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Right, so focus on form and excellent groups. When that goes haywire and form is not to blame, have a rethink.