Arrow placement on left handed bow really awkward to a right handed person!

I?m right handed but left eye dominant so shoot a left handed bow. I still find it awkward taking an arrow from quiver to bow, form is improving but it annoys me fumbling at the start to reach arrows. Any advice?

ThomVis

Ignore eye dominance and shoot what feels best (right handed). With aiming you can close 1 eye and there are other options out there to obscure the view of the dominant eye to the target so your non-dominant eye takes over.

Valkamai

Try a field quiver instead of a target quiver so the arrows are pointing backwards rather than forwards. It might be easier without the need to spin the arrow around. It will get better with more practice though.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Mistake

Ironman
Try a field quiver instead of a target quiver so the arrows are pointing backwards rather than forwards. It might be easier without the need to spin the arrow around. It will get better with more practice though.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk
It also looks cooler, which is WAY more important

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
My daughter shoots right handed but uses a left handed field quiver on the left hip. You'd think there would be a clash of bow/arrows/quiver but no.

Corax67

You could always try the longbow style with a back quiver (I can't get on with one) or a medieval style arrow bag that positions in the small of your back. Both items are ambidextrous so you can try taking arrows with either hand to see which feels most comfortable or natural.

When I used an arrow bag I found it took a little getting used to and slowed down my shooting cycle, which was a good thing.

Karl

RHPROULX

Supporter
Supporter
I am right hand dominant and shoot left handed due to eye dominance. I struggled with a standard quiver before switching to a field quiver. Loading has not been an issue since. You will get used to it and adapt.

ieuan_johns

I'll be honest I don't understand the issue, I too am a right-hander shooting lefty (for shoulder and eye reasons) and find loading with the right hand far easier than I did the other way around.

How are you loading? Are you placing the arrow to the right (between string and riser) or left (around) of the string? If it's around/left then try instead feeding it between the string and riser.

After extensive trials, I can only comfortably use a target quiver on my left hip. I has discovered it is all down to whether you haves clicker or not! If you don?t yet as I don?t, you have to hold the arrow on the nock as you load. If you hav a clicker you can hold the arrow in the middle of the shaft and clamp it between clicker and rest before, and here?s the crucial bit letting go of it and then grabbing the end to put on the string. Without a clicker or spring rest you will drop the arrow if you hold it anywhere other than the end.

RHPROULX

Supporter
Supporter
As I said I am right hand dominant but shoot lefty due to eye dominance. I shoot barebow with a ZT rest and obviously no clicker. I use a LH field quiver and grasp the arrow at the crest and load from there. I never touch the nock. My daughter is the same as me and has no loading issues with a LH target quiver. I don't see an issue, it just takes practice.