Arrow Rest Rules

daz650

hi can anyone help i've just starting shooting compound and own a accu riser 2 i've been told my set up is illegal because my arrow rest must be 6cm from the throat of my handle, if i have my handle that far in i can't get my hand in can anyone help cheers daz :beer:

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I have looked on the website and can see what the set up is in simple terms, but can't see the fine details in the pictures.
Can you tell me, when you move the grip in and out , does the arrow rest move with the grip, or is that fixed to the riser?

jerryRTD

hi can anyone help i've just starting shooting compound and own a accu riser 2 i've been told my set up is illegal because my arrow rest must be 6cm from the throat of my handle, if i have my handle that far in i can't get my hand in can anyone help cheers daz :beer:
Not correct, the point at which the arrow rest touches the arrow can be no more than 6 cm behind the throat of the riser. So you can legally set the arrow rest up so that the rest supports the arrow at the throat if you wish.

daz650

so can i have my handle further out then jerry or does it still have to measure 6 cm. i had my handle out and it measured 11cm from arrow rest to throat :beer:

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Just a thought, is it possible to remove the current rest and fit one of the wrap around types? With the throat being well in front of the riser to suit your hand, could a wrap around rest be fitted round the front of the riser closer to the throat, rather than round the back as normal? The Trophy Taker looks like it could be fitted in front if some parts were refitted to the main block after it is in place.