[Horsebow] Arrow rest

BillM

No! It would detract from the principle of a traditional bow. Shoot off the hand. I use a glove as new feathers can give a nasty cut.

BillM

woodsplitter

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
No! It would detract from the principle of a traditional bow. Shoot off the hand. I use a glove as new feathers can give a nasty cut.

BillM
Bill is quite right about the arrow rest, but I disagree about the need for a glove on the bow hand. New feathers or old can give a nasty cut, but only if your hand is too high on the bow, or the arrow is too low on the string.

blakey

Is it practical to put an arrow rest on a Grozer Horsebow
Not sure about a Grozer, but a mate of mine glued a small wooden rest on his Kassai. I was so impressed I put one on my SKB Mongolian. Very easy to do and made a world of difference. A very simple way to do this is to cut a tapered wedge out of thick leather and slide it into the top of the grip if you have a leather one. That gives enough to position the shaft. Very effective. Cheers

Jeggie

Strangely enough I get no arrow-burn on my Old Scythian, but get a lot on my Assyrian, and only with 3-finger draw, never with thumb-draw.

Riceburner

Strangely enough I get no arrow-burn on my Old Scythian, but get a lot on my Assyrian, and only with 3-finger draw, never with thumb-draw.
check the nock height in relation to the 'rest' (your hand), it may need to be a little higher so that the arrow lifts off your hand when released.