[American Flatbow] Arrow striking the shelf a little...what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shink

So, as you can see below, the shelf protector is taking a bit of a beating already. This shelf protector was put on about 60 arrows ago.

This has got to be affecting my arrows, right?

What can I do? My first thought is to raise the knocking point a couple of mm. Would that help?

Thanks!

Shink

try adjusting nocking point arrow should lift from shelf on release cound also be poor release
Adjust it up, I take it?

Yes, I have a slight tendency to pluck an arrow every dozen or so. As an ex-recurve archer I find the less structured tab and a higher anchor has messed with my release. So yes, could be that - hadn't thought of it as causing a strike, but makes sense.

Thanks!

lbp121

I assume you have feathers and not plastic vanes? Otherwise nocking point height and maybe try increase in brace height to get better clearance.

Berny

So, as you can see below, the shelf protector is taking a bit of a beating already. This shelf protector was put on about 60 arrows ago.

This has got to be affecting my arrows, right?

What can I do? My first thought is to raise the knocking point a couple of mm. Would that help?

Thanks!

What's the bow? That curved window is not exactly designed for shelf-shooting.
You could try building up the outer edge of the shelf so your shelf is approx horizontal & square with edge of window
or slight tilt downwards from outside to inside or a track with slot for fletch between it & edge of window.
with slight hump to minimise overall contact. All this can be done with strips of leather cut to shape & superglued.
To allow any sort of tuning of centre-ness of shot you want your shaft to be as close to window edge as needed
- again you could add thin layers of material to move this out as appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.