back packs

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Helix will fit in the Aurora no problem. Thumbs up for this product. And it has a waist strap.

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Sorry - you're right - should've said chest strap. Thanks for keeping me right as always ;)

Moo-03

Fonz Awardee
just to let every1 know that iv puchased the aurora backpack today and im pleased with my item.

as it has been said some wot earlier in this thread it has got loads of pockets and the back of the pack is very well padded.

thanks to every1 thats posted on here and help me make the decision with the helpfull info on the products.

Moo-03

Fonz Awardee
iv gotta say thats its the best bag/backpack iv used for my gear. everything go's away tidy plus there is still room for more.

nevcar

Aurora quality?

I have just visited Quicks with my Aurora case - Techno version - to see if I could get it repaired. The attachment for one of the swivel loops on one of the zips has broken off, it looks like a poor casting. This is on a case that is less that 12 months old and not been abused.

Quicks were helpful, but took me upstairs where they had about six other cases in worse condition than mine.

They apologised and said that recently Aurora quality has become a bit suspect and they get no response when trying to get kit fixed or replaced. As it is not a fatal problem I will work around it.

Just thought I would mention this, as ?90 on a case that has cheap components fitted is not good value.

I am going to try an Araldite epoxy to repair but don't hold much hope.

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I think the city packs are quite good quality. I use mine on public transport and chuck it all over the place on trains, etc. And if no one has notices, Aurora has changed the design of the city pack. It now has two smaller compartments in front, rather than one, as well as being mp3 friendly.

Blue Fire

Just checked out Hoyt today. Store's open but I didn't see the backpack among their list of items. AND they still don't ship internationally.:(

Hidden Hippo

My Aurora Techno has been just fine. Bought it 18 months ago and its all in one piece. I'll admit one of the D loops at the end has an annoying habit of twisting itself upside down but thats not really a huge problem.

Tarkwin

Prince Of Dorkness
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
is there a backpack that will take an ultratec? - he asks knowing the answer already.

The reason I ask is I hope (come the spring/summer) to take to cycling to the shooting field rather than driving. For a variety of reasons, green, pink and a horrible yellow/cream colour - not to mention getting across Reading can take 45-60 minutes some evenings.

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
is there a backpack that will take an ultratec? - he asks knowing the answer already.

The reason I ask is I hope (come the spring/summer) to take to cycling to the shooting field rather than driving. For a variety of reasons, green, pink and a horrible yellow/cream colour - not to mention getting across Reading can take 45-60 minutes some evenings.

Big D is the one to ask i think :beer:

Hidden Hippo

I'd quite like to know that as well (except for a 737). The bag I've got at the moment will do the job to protect it but it doesn't have wheels so I actually have to carry it.

Mistake

Ironman
I think i was one of the first people to get their hands on an Aurora city pack (i got mine off the back of the truck at bowsports to have a look at it) and its a very goo back.. it's just (and i found this out to my dismay) slightly too small for two recurve kits, so it looks like i'm going to have to say goodbye to my faithful companion and invest in a Sebian Flute one, as these have room for two recurves

(and before clicki asks... mine is Black and Blue with red chords on the frount pocket)

Murray

Ironman
American Shoot
AIUK Saviour
Too small for two recurve kits? Hmm. Ok. My pair of Winexs fit nicely into the case... of course I don't know what else you carry. I also take a holdall with my scope/stand/repair kit/food in it.

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
I fitted 2 recurve kits in the aurora citypack (2 matrix, 2 sets of G3's, 2 shibuya sights in their padded bags, longrod, arrows.... and all the other junk that goes with it, including some wet weather clothing) :beer:

clickerati

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
(and before clicki asks... mine is Black and Blue with red chords on the frount pocket)
LOL...does it match your bow, though???

And as Tracey sez...the City Pack is like a Tardis and will easily carry two setups!! :cupcake: