Back to archery after op on bow arm shoulder

Oldgit

Hi everyone Happy new year to all.
I'm just after some Info about excercise on my bow arm shoulder.I had a operation in november for calcific tendonitis(only took the NHS 5 yr's becuase of my MS).I now need to get my self back into shape for the outdoor season,I am hoping to get myself classified in feb at stoke mandeville. any information would be very helpful please
Many thanks Steve

Darryl

Hi Steve,

I can't give you any advice on what to do to get back to physical fitness. However I would advise that you're being monitored adequately while shooting and that your coach checks your form and monitors it to ensure that your technique is correct and that you're loading your back muscles correctly. One thing that concerns me is that you might not get the attention that you need given the number of members at our club with only one coach.

Regards
Darryl

Oldgit

Hi Darrayl Happy new year m8 hope you had a good xmas,i can see where you are coming from m8,i just want a few tip's about exercise on my shoulder. I only get to see the nhs physio once a month she is very pleased with the way im healing.
I am hoping to get to Stoke Mandeville in Feb, and get classified then i can see about getting to the training weekends every month.
all the best Steve

payneib

Supporter
Supporter
Just get yourself down Emmas nightclub on a Wednesday night, ?15 all you can drink, cut make some shapes, you'll soon have full strength and mobility in your shoulder fighting off the heifers!!! Lol

Oldgit

lol ill think ill just go to the gym m8,you dont need a baseball bat for your own safety :)

Neo

Hi Oldgit!

I completely sympathise with you. I had the same condition 2 yrs ago. mine actually turned into calcific tendinitis and synovial chondo mitosis.

Here is the thread about my condition with some very gross pictures. its worth a read. http://www.archery-interchange.net/f16/last-night-shooting-8-weeks-minimum-23207/

As for excercises I listened to my physio and did 3 or 4 times as much excercise as I should. I was back shooting after 6 weeks. I ditched my compound and bought a 45lb SKB 40 and shot clout for the summer. Back end of the outdoor season I was shooting compound again wound up to 55+lb. Now I realise it was the best decision i made to go for the op.

Good luck

Oldgit

Hi Neo
I just got the time to look at you pic's how in the hell did you manage to shoot with all that amount of calcium in your shoulder.I feel like a wimp now i thought my shoulder was bad enough.had to take the day of from exercise yeterday as the MS monster has reared it's ugly head again,hoping it pushes off soon as i need to get things sorted.

Regards Steve