Bamboo Poles

PZ123

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where you buy Bamboo for backing strips. Either poles or ready made strips, although I would prefer a pole, so I can cut the strips for AFB. I'm trying an all bamboo bow using a boo floorboard and boo backing. Just I cant get boo backing for under ?50 postage incl.

Thanks

Pete

G

GilliesDP

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where you buy Bamboo for backing strips. Either poles or ready made strips, although I would prefer a pole, so I can cut the strips for AFB. I'm trying an all bamboo bow using a boo floorboard and boo backing. Just I cant get boo backing for under ?50 postage incl.

Thanks

Pete
Pete, Hi

I'm searching for Bamboo Lumber to make a [bamboo] framed "skin-on-frame" kayak. My contact in Lumber built a 'boo-framed bicycle and had no difficulty in sourcing 'boo poles.

Try a web search (bamboo poles) - one site suggests that "every man and his dog" are importing them. But IMO watch for the quality!

If it helps I can provide some contact names, without any recommendation ..

Regards,
Gillies DP
Soar Valley Archers

D

Deleted member 7654

Flybow do stuff...
Not used 'em myself, but they seem to hold a decent variety of stuff....mmmmm stuff
FLYBOW
Del

PZ123

Hi,

Just to let you know, I bought the bamboo slats from BS Bamboo/Brian Sutcliffe packaging. I phoned them up and they selected a package for me that they thought would suite best what I discribed to them. I must say they were extremely helpful and all 10 slatd are of the best quality!

Thanks

Peter