band of merry men / women

Status
Not open for further replies.

yewbow

I was thinking the other day that i would like to start up a group for longbow archers were i live. Just to meet up from time to time and have a shoot and have bow making days. Im the chairmen of my archiry club so have some were we can shoot. Also i have found a second site to shoot at. And i have a place to do bow making. I wish to make it some were to go were your not told thats not a longbow its the rong shape or it has no horn nocks. just to meet and shoot for the love of the bow be it 30lb or 120lb. to be how archers used to be one happy band. Im based in telford. or if you shoot AFB or horse bows. just no compound or recurve plastic things. If this is something you would like to do let me know i think you can send a private message:fita2:

Skybone

Sounds like a great idea to me.

What about wooden recurvey type things (1 piece or take down, field type bows)?

Old Biker Dog

GOOD LUCK with your Merry Band . If I lived in that area I would be delighted to join you . As I have been shooting longbow for a year now and its been the best fun I have had in archery , Shot compound , recurve both target and field. WOOD is BEST

:thumbsup:

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I think it's a great idea. I can't join for several reasons but I wish you well with it. I can imagine a great deal of enjoyment coming from it once it's up and running.

yewbow

Thank you i will look into it when the site is up and running. sounds good
i have looked at the clubs were i live but when i have gone to try them out you just get juged on you shooting im not that botherd what my score is im just happy to shoot my bows and hit the boss. it puts me off when you get fellow archers looking over your sholder telling you what you should be doing. I know there just trying to help but when you tell them your happy just hiting the target they look at you like you have two heads:cheerful:

?j?sz

For obvious reasons don?t think I?ll be there, though wish I could be. Wish you all the best in your endevours, good to see the Asiatic recurves included, I would love to see a shoot with a sort of "Hun v Longbow" comp.

?j?sz

Fras

Thank you. FRAS duly bookmarked. I?m going to be in Scotland and possibly Yorkshire this summer. I?ll keep an eye open for dates and who knows:cheerful:
Ijasz

bobnewboy

When will the FRAS website be updated?

Helene and I might be interested to join and shoot with the members....but there's scant information on the website, not even any contact info.....

//Bob

Yew Selfbow

It's all pretty new and under construction at the moment Bob so information will be added to the website as soon as possible.
The first "official" FRAS shoot is being planned for the end of Febuary near Stafford, details of that shoot will be on the website in the next day or so.
So if you can make it you'd be very welcome.

yewbow

That does sound good can archers come if they have not shot at a roving shoot befor. and how much will it be to become a member?
i looked at the photos on the web site it looked like it was a good day. im shore Mr Roy king will have been looking down on you all. there is one of his bows at the battlefield muesum. its a lovely bow self yew 110lb. He will be missed :arc:

Yew Selfbow

Yewbow
The FRAS has an executive of 12 members or "fellows" and the fellows invite and appoint associates to the society. All other archers who wish to attend FRAS events are welcomed as guests of the society. So the FRAS has no membership as such, hence no membership fees. No prevoius experience of Roving archery is required although the society does assume that guests are competent in the use of their chosen bow type.
So if you'd like to attend a FRAS event you'd be very very welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.