Beginners' course Code of Practice.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
We have just finished our first ever taster session. We looked up the code of practice so that we could get everything right.
We found a sheet................... Code of Practice for Demonstrations, Have a Go's and Taster Sessions.
Someone has since asked me if there is a similar Code of Practice for a Beginners' Course.
I have had a good look, but have drawn a blank.
There is a guide ................. Intro Archery... a guide for clubs and organisations.
But does anyone know if there is a specific code of practice for beginners courses?
Thank you.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Thanks Jerry, but that isn't the issue really. It is about the regulations we have to keep to that I am looking for.
These are clearly set out for Tasters and Have a Go.... but I can't find a similar thing for a beginners' course.

GoneBad

The code of pratice for have-a-go and demos is there because they are often not held on your club's registered ground.
A beginner's course is usually held at the club ground or indoor venue.
The code of practice for a beginner's course is what is taught on the level 1 coaches' course.
I think AGB only want qualified coaches to run beginner's courses that's why there is nothing on the website

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Hi GoneBad,
Thanks for that.
I think sometimes that a simpler way to find out what clubs need to know could be set up.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Hi Ben, I have asked and been helped with a reply. I think it is something that might need explaining in more detail. Not all clubs have members with a lot of shooting experience so they need more help. Not a lot of complex stuff that needs translating first, but simple Do's and Don'ts.
"Must have" and "Should have" separated, would be helpful so they can get started without feeling everything is a must have item.
DBS for example; it turns out that a one off and a beginners' course fit into different categories even with parents present.