Beiter button replacement wrench

Geophys

I've gone through 3 or 4 of the plastic wrenches as supplied with the Beiter button, as the teeth keep shearing off. I'd love to be able to find a metal one, does anyone make an aftermarket one for this?

buzz lite beer

I still have both of mine from my 1st Beiter button and it's 16 years old, either the quality/strength has gone down hill (unlikely) or your tightening yours down with way too much force, on a more useful note some SF buttons and probably other types aswell come with a metal tool that can be used to tighten down a Beiter button.

Shirt

A guy in my club traced round a surviving wrench and cut the relevant shape out of his bracing gauge with a hacksaw and a file...

frustratatosk

I love my Decut button but the plastic spanner it came with might as well have been made of jelly. I think it was 18mm(?) (and my spanners go 15, 17, 19). A gentle tweak with the mole grips did it, isn't like it actually needs much tightening to keep it in place (though more than the plastic spanner could provide)

Geophys

I still have both of mine from my 1st Beiter button and it's 16 years old, either the quality/strength has gone down hill (unlikely) or your tightening yours down with way too much force, on a more useful note some SF buttons and probably other types aswell come with a metal tool that can be used to tighten down a Beiter button.
Several people at my club have had the same problem over the last couple of years on their newer Beiter wrenches when the older ones don't show this problem, It's probably like a lot of things in life the older version was better made. I have no problem with the button, this will become a family inheritance, it's so well made, but the wrenches are certainly not so good now. I guess I'll have to go the home made route. Thanks to everyone for their answers.