beiter in-out nocks

ash

web stores not overly clear on info so

i'll just run out a few Q&A

does it matter which size you go for?
is it simply length thats different?
and do they come in S and L nock sizes?
finally do you recommend them?
i assume the out part is to help protect the shaft?

ps.
impressed with beiter nocks in general

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
web stores not overly clear on info so

i'll just run out a few Q&A

does it matter which size you go for?
is it simply length thats different?
and do they come in S and L nock sizes?
finally do you recommend them?
i assume the out part is to help protect the shaft?

ps.
impressed with beiter nocks in general
Yes size matters. They are made specifically to fit particular shafts. I wouldn't go to the shops for that information, I would go direct...
http://www.wernerbeiter.com/en/information-downloads/datasheets/Nocke_GB.pdf
The nock groove sizes are 1 (small), 2 (large) and there is also 3 (extra large) in a limited range.

If you're talking about ACEs, then I'm not clear that in/outs have an advantage over the normal heavy colour ACE nocks. It's the material which makes a difference, so far as I can tell.

I use heavy colour normal ACE nocks, and in/outs on X10s.

ash

holy cr*p that a lot of info to read!
i'll have to read it in the morning now but i think i'll be keeping it simple and staying with the normal beiter nocks and yes i'm using ace.

thanks.

Whitehart

ACE if using pins

Options
Beiter Pin Nocks - No1 or No2 nock fit
In out nocks - 154/1 or 154/2
If you currently use Easton G nocks then the small equate to No1 and Large No2

The equivalent nock to the Easton G nock is the 12/1 or 12/2

The hardest part is choosing from the many colours

PFC1968

In my experience the in-out nocks offer more protection than a beiter standard nock, although I still managed to write off 2 ACE's in one evening at 70m when having the in-outs fitted. When I rear ended one fitted with a beiter standard nock it virtually shredded the arrow. You might want to consider top hat protector rings if you don't want to fit pins.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
In my experience the in-out nocks offer more protection than a beiter standard nock, although I still managed to write off 2 ACE's in one evening at 70m when having the in-outs fitted. When I rear ended one fitted with a beiter standard nock it virtually shredded the arrow. You might want to consider top hat protector rings if you don't want to fit pins.
heavy colour standard nocks or the normal colours? I haven't found any difference between the standard nocks and in/out when using the same colours. I haven't used the normal colours (transparent etc.) since finding out how much more durable the heavy colours are.

PFC1968

The in-outs were heavy green 2X1S they certainly preserved the shafts better than the transparent standard nocks, but still enough damage to have to throw the shafts away.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
The in-outs were heavy green 2X1S they certainly preserved the shafts better than the transparent standard nocks, but still enough damage to have to throw the shafts away.
Nothing really helps with a direct hit. But I did find that the transparent colours almost seem to guide the arriving shaft in, while heavy colours seem to tear and deflect.
IMG_20170322_223658.jpg

PFC1968

I was probably unlucky having direct hits, the transparent standard nocks don't offer any protection as you can see from the photo. I've now added some Tophat protector rings for the coming outdoor season with the beiter standard nocks, and will see how they go.

Attachments