Bieter Nocking Point - Can I use it over the existing serving?

Yonniol

As I understand, to use the Beiter Nocking Point, I should strip the current serving and reserve the nocking point onto the string. What I was wondering is if I can just serve the nocking point onto the existing serving?

I am using an 8190 string with 20 strands and 0.014 Halo serving. Would the #2 nocking point work? Thanks!

Chil

I use the Beiter Nocking Point, my strings are 16 strand 8125G Fluorescent Yellow and I find that the No2 nock point is just the right size. On Fast flight 16 strand I could fit a No 1 nock point but have found that Fluorescent strings are slightly thicker don't know if this is also due to the difference in thickness between 8125 and fastflight, but fluorescent strings are thicker due to the coating on them I have found the you have to remove the centre serving, I order Nitro Strings without the centre serving and find the Beiter nock points work fine if you serve them correctly. I shoot recurve 36 lb.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
I would try the nock point for fit directly onto the string below or above the serving and see how it fits. Then try it over the serving and see how that fits.
If it's a reasonably tight fit over the bare string, I guess it would bulge open if fitted over any serving.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
One tip, if you have trouble fitting them because the string seems too large: serve that section of the string really tightly, first. Then unwrap it and fit the np on the compressed section of string.

Chil

Forgot to say that as Rik suggests I do put a temporary serving on the string to compress it.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
It's also what Beiter suggests: serve the string, do your setup and np tests with a temporary np, then unserve and replace it with the Beiter np...

ash

thanks Rik, Chill that tip has helped me fix my no.2 nocks to my 18strand 8125 string and my nocks clip and release better now.