[English Longbow] Bingham Longbow Shoot

steve58

If anyone fancies a friendly two way National on the last Saturday in March the entry form is in the drop box, any questions please PM me or use the e-mail address on the form.

Sherry and :cake2:

alanesq

Sounds interesting, I fancy having a try at a longbow only shoot

It says BLBS rules though, does this mean there is a 70lb draw weight limit ?

steve58

Sounds interesting, I fancy having a try at a longbow only shoot

It says BLBS rules though, does this mean there is a 70lb draw weight limit ?
Alan, I will check on that (if I remember right you are a GNAS member from shooting with BRAC so have insurance cover?). We state BLBS rules because (bear in mind there's a lot of club history here and this is my interpretation...) it is a two way and the prizes go to hits, then score, then golds. (So you can see whether this might affect you, last year the numbers were 65, 310, 7.) I think the answer is that you will be welcome to shoot, but if anyone objects to you winning with a warbow draw weight we would have to set your score to one side under BLBS rules. The same would apply to other equipment rules, eg on use of feather fletchings only.

Hope that helps!

alanesq

Alan, I will check on that (if I remember right you are a GNAS member from shooting with BRAC so have insurance cover?). We state BLBS rules because (bear in mind there's a lot of club history here and this is my interpretation...) it is a two way and the prizes go to hits, then score, then golds. (So you can see whether this might affect you, last year the numbers were 65, 310, 7.) I think the answer is that you will be welcome to shoot, but if anyone objects to you winning with a warbow draw weight we would have to set your score to one side under BLBS rules. The same would apply to other equipment rules, eg on use of feather fletchings only.
Hope that helps!
Thanks

yes, I am a GNAS member (and NFAS)
btw - I now have some feather fletched arrows (c/o a Swan sanctuary who I have collecting naturally dropped ones for me) so that is no longer a problem

the chances of me winning anything are pretty remote so that shouldnt be a problem ;-)

steve58

Thanks

yes, I am a GNAS member (and NFAS)
btw - I now have some feather fletched arrows (c/o a Swan sanctuary who I have collecting naturally dropped ones for me) so that is no longer a problem

the chances of me winning anything are pretty remote so that shouldnt be a problem ;-)
Cool, hope to see you there!

alanesq

Just in case any other warbow archers are tempted to go to this shoot, Steve58 looked into it for me and it turns out no bow of 70lb when fully drawn is allowed to take part (for safety reasons) :-(

My lightest bow is 80lb (and I doubt it would be up to the job with my arrows at that distance anyway) so I wont be going

I think this is what the people who make these rules dont understand, we are shooting very heavy arrows from these bows so they are not going to vanish over the horizon or anything when we miss the boss (note I said when, not if ;-)
yes they are going to have a lot more energy in them if they hit you but any arrow if it hits you is not going to be good news

Anyway, Thanks Steve for trying for me