Binocular Strap (Long)

Bertybobby

When I went to watch the UK Masters, there were a number of people who had nice long plaited binocular straps.

These would nicely hang the binos by the hip / bum, when worn over the shoulder.

Anyone know where to get them?

I have been searching the net but have not managed to find them anywhere.

fbirder

Can't help with plaited long straps, but you might want to invesigate Black Rapid straps (or their cheaper, but in my opinion just as good, Q-Strap alternatives). With these the bins aren't directly connected to the strap, allowing them to run freely when you want to lift them to your eyes. They were originally designed for cameras, but are ideal for optics on the target line. Here's a pic - PIC

Bertybobby

Thanks for the tip fbirder... Based on your tip off I have just bought a Caden strap for ?7 from that well known auction site.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
I made some straps like these for my binos and camera... it's called a "cobra stitch" and you can find instructions on how to make them from the internet (like HERE) and you can get the paracord quite cheaply from ebay... two 50' strands (yes, 50 foot) should be enough.

View attachment 2726
Not cheap but do look good. T Strings make bino straps from para cord like the pic

Bertybobby

Thanks KAS, having investigated I have found out how to do this. It is done with paracord and cobra stitch. I now have some paracord and I am going to do it myself.... Will come back and post the results!

spdixon

Why would anyone want to have there energy sapped by carrying a pair of binos on a strap all day. Use a scope on a tripod. Saves energy.

ThomVis

Why would anyone want to have there energy sapped by carrying a pair of binos on a strap all day. Use a scope on a tripod. Saves energy.
And carry a tripod around a field- or 3d shoot all day, trying to set it up on that 20? grassy knoll; fun!

Bertybobby

Just to be provocative ...

Out of consideration to other archers by not clogging up / hogging the shooting line with tripods?

spdixon

Bertybobby. I agree with you about clogging up the shooting line with tripods and archers need to be more considerate.