[Horsebow] Border Ghillie Dhu

PhatMan

Chakazulu,

What a lovely bow :)

As soon as I saw pictures of the bow, sooner or later I know I will cave in and order one :)

I think my wife would like to beat Sid with a stick :) - She thinks I have enough bows already and I had bought some Hex-6-H-BB2 limbs last year :)

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

ChakaZulu

[video=youtube_share;q14_eaHfnLM]http://youtu.be/q14_eaHfnLM[/video]

There we go: it's working now. I should like to add that this is not as fast as I can shoot. I fumbled a couple. I would normally be nearer 2.5s per arrow than 3.5. Keeping this video quiet from other mounted archers...

darthTer

Supporter
Ironman
American Shoot
Lovely looking wee bow....looks like it shoots no too bad either!!!! ;)

ChakaZulu

It'll be out on horseback again this Sunday at the Forces Equine Games in Surrey and then again the first weekend in June for the GB v Sweden international match in Hemel Hempstead (at the Centre of Horseback Combat, next door to Cloth of Gold field archery). Spectators welcome at both!

ChakaZulu

Nothing yet: this is the prototype that I'm testing. I believe the finished bow will cost in the region of ?650 incl VAT.

leady

Hi ChakaZulu,
I have recently received Ghillie Dhu (Friday last week) and just wondered if you could give me any tips for tuning her, Brace height, arrow selection etc... Thankyou in advance.

ChakaZulu

Hi Leady,
I've been shooting at about 6.5" brace height but am going to try raising it to 7", which I'm told "calms her down". Not sure she needs it but I'm going to have a try.
Arrows need to be overspined from what the chart says, in my experience. I'm supposed to be in group T7 but chose T8 arrows and they are still too weak by some way!
Have fun!

leady

Thanks for that, I was thinking that the arrows I was using seemed too weak as they looked like they were almost bending double! Glad that confirms what I was thinking! I'm sure I'll have lots of fun with this one cheers.