Border ILF limbs - family tree

Amateur Barbarian

Still shooting some Border carbons that I got in 96 On an Avalon plus. Damm good still.

Need to upgrade sometime!
I have some 26 pound Border Carbons that I use for light weight indoor limbs. I got them a few years ago off the stock list. I just purchased some 30 pound XP10's off the stock list which will probably become my new indoor limbs. I like everything that I have tried including:

HEX6 for FITA barebow
HEX5 for FITA barebow
CXB for field and FITA barebow (stringwalking)
Carbons for indoor barebow

BorderBows

1991, but it was second hand then.
that is going back some. if im right its a bolted together 4 peice riser. 2 pocket. and an upper and lower half bolted through the shelf.
im not 100 sure of its limb fit. it looks close to ilf but its not the same if i have my details right.
they should be glass over maple in the limbs

BorderBows

jan 2013 you can say the cx series was discontinued and the cv series took its place.
the core naming follows the hex names. so the limbs change like this.
cxb=cv-w
cxs=cv-s
cxg=cv-h

the upgrade is that the limbs have the hex 6 cvc laminate and not the cxc laminate of the hex 5

Andori

YE are May 1999
Where would a WE fit then?

that is going back some. if im right its a bolted together 4 peice riser. 2 pocket. and an upper and lower half bolted through the shelf.
im not 100 sure of its limb fit. it looks close to ilf but its not the same if i have my details right.
they should be glass over maple in the limbs
I remember them. A mate had one at the club I was in when I started at poly (1989). His was anodized orange with black glass limbs, and they were also available in silver and blue IIRC. Wasn't it a special for Wales Archery?

From the same era I also remember the Olympic Nightmare... erm I mean Dream :D Compound riser but with recurve limbs (that were very thick by the limb bolt)

Darth Tom

My father bought us each a pair of Premier Carbons shortly after we took up archery - purchase date would have been around April/May 2002. Beautiful matte black finish. At that time the hierarchy we were shown went:

ML2
XP 10
EP 10
Premier Carbon

Great limbs though, between the two pairs they account for 90% of my PBs and 5 national medals. They'd also be the first I'll put on a recurve when I can shoot one again (alongside a nice pair of FX's I bought mostly so I can see how they shoot on one of my Axes).

Amateur Barbarian

Here are a couple of pictures that show the evolution of the Border recurve limb.

The limbs are in chronological order, with the top being oldest.

They are: XP10 Evolution, Carbon, Premier Carbon, CXB, HEX4, HEX5 and HEX6.

BorderBows

Introduction of the hex7 ilf in wood core and hyperflex. Hex7 comes with the same laminate as the covert hunter

Where would a WE fit then?

I remember them. A mate had one at the club I was in when I started at poly (1989). His was anodized orange with black glass limbs, and they were also available in silver and blue IIRC. Wasn't it a special for Wales Archery?

From the same era I also remember the Olympic Nightmare... erm I mean Dream :D Compound riser but with recurve limbs (that were very thick by the limb bolt)
I had an olympic dream - there were at least a couple in my club at the time - liked it a lot - It was a no nonsense basic bow and very forgiving - the handle was by PSE as I recall

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I had an olympic dream - there were at least a couple in my club at the time - liked it a lot - It was a no nonsense basic bow and very forgiving - the handle was by PSE as I recall
The handle was from an "American Dream" compound, iirc... :)

BorderBows

2016 Hex7.5 H
2016 Hex7.5 W
2016 Hex 6.6 H
2016 Hex 6.6 W
2015 Hex6 BB2 Became the hex 6.5.
2014 (late) Hex7 H
2014 (late) hex7 W
2012 Hex6 BB1 & BB2 In All Cores and was not on the price lists
Update for the release of the HEX6 and re-introduction of the superflex cores
2011 CXS (Superflex core, CXC laminate)
2011 hex4-S (Superflex core, CXC laminate)
2011 Hex5-S (Superflex core, CXC laminate)
2011 HEX6 ( Wood core, CVC laminate)
2011 HEX6 ( Hyperflex synthetic core, CVC laminate)
2011 HEX6 ( Superflex core, CVC laminate)
2007 HEX5 - WCXC (Wood core, CXC laminate, extra high energy recurve ratio)
2007 HEX5 - HCXC ( Hyperflex synthetic core, CXC laminate, extra high energy recurve ratio)
2007 HEX4-WCXC Plus (Wood core, CXC laminate, high energy recurve ratio)
2007 HEX4 - HCXC (Hyperflex synthetic core, CXC laminate, high energy recurve ratio)
2007 CXG (Hyperflex synthetic core, CXC laminate)
2007 CXB (Wood core, CXC laminate)
2004 TXG (Hyperflex synthetic core, TX40 laminate)
2004 TXS (Superflex core, TX40 laminate)
2004 TXB (Wood core, TX40 laminate)
2001 Talisman TX40 Gold (MK2 Hyperflex synthetic core, TX38 laminate)
2001 Talisman TX40 Silver (Superflex synthetic core, TX38 laminate)
2001 Talisman TX40 Bronze (Wood core, TX38 laminate)
1999 ML2 (MK1 Hyperflex synthetic core, glass power structure)
1999 SM Carbon (Wood core, glass power structure)
( ) Carbon (Similar to SM Carbon)
( ) Carbon Premier (Carbons made for Wales Archery)
( ) Merlin Elites (ML2 made for Merlin Archery)
( ) Merlin Classics (Border Carbon)
( ) Carbofast (Similar to SM Carbon)
1998 XP10 Evolution (Synthetic core, glass power structure, stabilization)
1998 XP10 (Wood core, glass power structure, stabilization)
1992 Vision Carbon (Wood core, glass power structure, carbon support)