Border Mirage

philhoney

Hi,
Several years ago a retiring member donated his bow to the club. It is a Border Mirage, Serial No. DAC8048, 66" 40lb @ 28".
Since it was given to the club it has sat in its case at the back of our cupboard as it is to heavy for any of our members to use.
I have been asked to put it on Ebay but before I do that I would like to know if there is anything special about the bow that would make it worth keeping as opposed to letting it go for a song.
Phil

DougieH

Hi Phil, they really are a beautiful bow. I have a 68" 40# Mirage. I thought it was a very good bow in its day.

Doug

BorderBows

Hi,
Several years ago a retiring member donated his bow to the club. It is a Border Mirage, Serial No. DAC8048, 66" 40lb @ 28".
Since it was given to the club it has sat in its case at the back of our cupboard as it is to heavy for any of our members to use.
I have been asked to put it on Ebay but before I do that I would like to know if there is anything special about the bow that would make it worth keeping as opposed to letting it go for a song.
Phil
These things seem to take up alot of time to look up as they predate the computer system we have, infact some predate paper and pencil...
this bow was sold to wales archery in 1981.

other than that we have no spare info, no wood information etc.

only use Dacron...

philhoney

Hi,
Thanks for trying. At least we now know how old it is. It still has the Wales Archery Sticker.
Thanks again,
Phil