Border XP10 Evolution LIMBS

JohnK

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: they came out in late 98 and were in production for a few years. They're very stable and pretty quick (especially compared to limbs of the day) and were used to shoot some very high scores (not by me :D)

I still have a set which I shot with for over four years. They're still straight and weigh exactly the same as they did when I started shooting with them.

Final testimonial - I met Mr Park of W&W archery at a seminar in the US. He asked to look at my bow, checked the limbs over extensively and said "I like these limbs. They are very, very good limbs."

Shirt

If they're in decent nick (for which read, near immaculate) buy them. Otherwise you can get a set of new Synerzy, FXs or Vectors from Altservices Marketplace for less.

narrowboat

i was going to get a set of Synerzy limbs on saturday,then these others came up think i will still go for the Synerzys if the other limbs are old

JohnK

?150 is a good price. They're likely to compare very favourably with Synergy, FX and Vector limbs (especially the FX - quick, but very unstable).

Kae

The American
American Shoot
BUY THEM! LOL

I shot these limbs for 2 years before a hoyt limb bolt failure destroyed them!
I found them to be fantastic, and wouldn't of changed them if it wasn't for them being damaged.

Great limbs, very stable, fast, and well worth the price IMHO.

Kae.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Bit late now, but...
I've been using a set of XP10 evos since 1999. No real problems with them (apart from the finish - see below).

The closest current limb in terms of feel are probably the Samick Extremes (I've been looking for new limbs just recently, so have a basis for comparison). i wouldn't be changing if I didn't want to up my poundage a little.

The only thing to watch for is the finish. Originally the limbs were lacquered with a shiny surface, which tended to crack and flake away. This was a problem with a batch of finishes Border got at the time. I had mine re-finished a few years back (cost about ?20 and postage) and the newer finish (matt, rather than shiny) has proven more durable.

King Custard

Love 'em love'em love'em.

Ive just taken off the 36lbs, currently got 38lbs on, and looking for 40lb'ers to grow into already. they've taken me from 'no-where can't shoot' to Ist class....and I'd say they're much better than I am
Been shooting just over a year now, so havent tried a vast range but Im happy to stick with 'em till someone sponsors me and puts something else in my hand and literally forces me to shoot them.
?150 s/h isn't cheap though - unless they're in really good nic' .

mmm What lb'age are they? I might have them if you don't!

Just a word n the shell-lik - If you have them:
I found that due to their curve I needed a longer string than I'd been previously used to, to get a decent BH
68in limbs on 25 ins riser -and a 65 in string gives me 'just' enough turns.

bolerus

Are xp10s still with getting. What kind of speed do they have now compared with modern limbs.

There is a pair on eBay of the correct poundage, would they be worth getting over sat a set of ex1 uukha.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
Well... digging back through my notes, I appear to have them recorded as clocking around 190 fps with a 300grain arrow and weight in the 36 to 39lb range (measured). But with short limbs. With lighter shafts (Mckinneys) they were up over 210fps, but that's probably not recommended.

My old limbs also appear to be from an earlier generation (guessing from the serial number and cosmetic differences), and given Border, that may mean the performance improved later.

<edit> with the lighter shafts I once spent an evening checking speed across the bh range. The variance surprised me: about 10fps from the top to bottom of the range (recorded values between 203 and 213, the 210 I quoted earlier was at my normal bh).

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
That's difficult to say, given age etc. I certainly wouldn't want to spend more than a budget pair of limbs (say ?150). Less than that would be better... But Border limbs sometimes hit silly prices.

bolerus

didnt get them

but i did the sensible thing , I decided a price that I throught would be the most id pay (150) and put that on.
5 seconds before the end, i was winning at ?94 then with 1 second left they leaped to 155...damn snipe program probably