Bow advice

Kieran101

Hi im thinking about getting a compond bow has anyone owned an ARMEX mirage if so could you give me some advice about the bow and othe entry level bows

Thanks
Kieran101

Neo

I would say you definitely get what you pay for. For ?89 it may be a compound bow but I wouldn't expect to achieve much with it.

Look th the price of a decent branded bow and your looking at ?400+

If your on a budget I would recommend either looking at second hand bows or a new bow that is a few years old that has been heavily discounted.

I bought my first compound second hand for ?300 that was 8months old and it was great.

Personally I wouldn't buy one. Keep saving a few more pennies and buy a quality piece of kit.

TJ Mason

Soaring
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
American Shoot
I'd give it a miss. Looking at the pictures on Merlin's web site, it seems very much an eighties-style bow, suitable for finger shooting rather than release-aid shooting. Performance will be unimpressive, and you'd soon get frustrated. A decent used Hoyt compound for ?200-?300 would be a better option.

jerryRTD

Wait until the new year when the 2012 bows come out and the 2011 go on special offer. Check out offers the likes of Bowsports have.

Nightimer

Save you money until you can afford something a bit "better".
It is vital that you "try before you buy" as you are stepping into the unknown.

philhoney

Hi,
My only experience with Armex compound bows is with the Armex Junior compound bow I bought for my grandaughter a couple of years ago.
It is a compound bow and does work but the quality you get with the big names is just not there. The paint is flaking off the riser, the threads in the riser for sight, longrod etc seem rough and the only DL adjustment you get is by adding or removing twists in the string.
If you only want the bow for a bit of fun then it will do the job but if you want it for serious shooting I would look for something better.
Phil