Bow configuration

A16KSB

Hi I want to shoot a wooden ILF bow for 3D/Field.
I currently use a 60” non-ILF bow the riser is 17”, my drawlength is 29”
I’ve been told that a 21 or 23” is more stable, (creating a 62 or 64” bow), what do you think, and should I go for long or medium limbs?
Thanks In advance

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Looking at the World Champs last week, longer risers were very much to the fore, for exactly that reason. My guess is you would go for long limbs, but I'd always follow manufacturer's recommendations.

A16KSB

Thanks I’m currently looking for a wooden ILF riser, and found someone in Spain that makes some so I’ll check him out

A16KSB

I was in South Dakota last week, so bought some medium Trad Tech Limbs,(made by Win & Win) from Lancaster Archery, I also have a 19" S&H riser , so will be testing them out next week

Geophys

I have been through a number of different ILF risers of different length for field, a few of which I really liked and thought could not be improved on, until I bought my Border Covert ILF Ultra 17inch riser. My draw length is only 26.5" and together with my medium Uukha Saiga limbs I find that the 60" length suits me perfectly . The deflex of the covert riser creates a very stable bow for me. Yes the Border riser is a lot of money, but for what you get it is not expensive, It'll last me out.

A16KSB

I have been through a number of different ILF risers of different length for field, a few of which I really liked and thought could not be improved on, until I bought my Border Covert ILF Ultra 17inch riser. My draw length is only 26.5" and together with my medium Uukha Saiga limbs I find that the 60" length suits me perfectly . The deflex of the covert riser creates a very stable bow for me. Yes the Border riser is a lot of money, but for what you get it is not expensive, It'll last me out.
I'll look into that, thanks