Bow press for vantage elite

chalkylicious

I took my 2009 Hoyt vantage elite that I just bought off eBay up to quicks to get it tuned and to have a peep fitted.
They had problems because their standard bow press was too small. They tried all of the portable bow presses they had in stock and they were too small. They even went out to their shed and got their 'other' bow press out and that was too small. In the end I had to have a peep fitted with an elastic aligner because it could be fitted without a bow press. Is this bow particularly big ?
Where can I buy a big press ? I'll need one if I need to play with the twists in my strings or cables when tuning
Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

ricer

The X-Press and E-Z press will both manage a VE @ 40 1/2" I have pressed my Apex 8 in an E-Z press no bother and that is 42 1/4"

GoneBad

Have you tried a Bowmaster press with the Mk1 split limb adapters splitlimb.jpg
The toggle ends are closer together than with the 2010 adapters. I use them to press my Apex8

Nightimer

My Bowmaster pressed my Martin Scepter 43 inchA-A with no problem.
I cant believe Quicks couldn't help you.

Proper-bo Selecta

I use a Kaya bow press on my VE. Much more pricey than other 'portable' presses but much easier to use too.
I've got a new bow on the way which the Kaya won't press (past parallel limbs) safely so the Kaya and VE will be up for sale soon.

I bought an EZ Press for my Supra. I needed the adaptors for beyond parallel limbs which were ?135!

Easy to use though and built like an outhouse, and will press anything. Worth the money overall.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

chalkylicious

I know, its hard to believe they couldn't help me (they tried very hard) I measured my VE and its 41.75 inches ATA which doesn't sound extra-ordinary.
I have to say though, I was at quicks (off the M3) for over 4.5 hours, during which time this fantastic young lad set up my DL, my poundage. Checked my cam timing, installed my second-hand arrow rest, installed my second-hand sight and scope, installed a peep, installed a new nock point, installed a new dloop, then measured, cut and installed points and nocks on 20 arrows - it was truly fantastic service.

Shirt

Bowmaster with the standard hooks. Don't use the new split limb adaptors, they make the thing too long for the Bowmaster to actually work!

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
Buy the standard split limb adaptors and make your own press from some some threaded rod and four nuts.
M6 threaded rod is readily available from hardware places where you Queue up and Bee patient.
If you feel like going down that route, I can explain things in more detail.

fanio

Buy the standard split limb adaptors and make your own press from some some threaded rod and four nuts.
M6 threaded rod is readily available from hardware places where you Queue up and Bee patient.
If you feel like going down that route, I can explain things in more detail.
That sounds interesting Geoff. and I already have a B&Q :duck: trip planned for the weekend.

geoffretired

Supporter
Supporter
There are several versions in my head. All work, as I have used them, and modified them in the light of experience.
One is very simple to make; not quite so simple to use.
Others are easier to use but require more time to make.
If anyone is interested I can send more details.... I can make you parts for some of the less simple versions.

chalkylicious

Hey, if you could let me know how to make that bow press id be grateful - thanks

ted413

Ironman
I have made a few ( ez press and x-press ) bow presses would like to try one with a threaded rod similar to Kaya one