Bow Quiver

BillM

Yes. I use the same forward facing quiver that I use for target (a birthday present from my wife when I started archery 20 years ago). That way I can carry several spare arrows as we usually loose one, or two, or ?.. You can see it in the photos on www.facebook.com/argyllfieldarchers/ along with lots of other photos taken around the field course at Inverawe.

BillM

BillM

Oops! If all else fails, read the question. There are, however some archers who go to Inverawe who carry their bows in a sack type thing attached by a belt. I think it is too cumbersome but if it works for them then why not. One of the regulars has recently turned up with a hook arrangement which carries his bow at his waist so it leaves his hands free. I merely slip it over my shoulder and carry it that way through the course.

BillM

BillM

Sorry TT but there is nothing that I could see that matches the bow holder I mentioned. It attaches to his quiver belt and the bow is secured by a loop of bungee. It is, however, one of the worst sites I've ever looked at.

BillM

Timid Toad

Staff member
Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
Bill, that is a bow quiver, a bow mounted quiver. Perhaps that is what the OP was looking for?

wully

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I shoot AGB field archery and bow quivers (The quivers that carry arrows attached to the bow) are banned as they could be set up as sighting aids, range finding aids or stabilisers. (Plus I use an English Longbow, and have no idea how to fit one)
I can use my arrow held in my fingers to gauge range but not if it’s attached to my bow?....

BillM

A bow hook - like this https://www.merlinarchery.co.uk/bearpaw-belt-bowhook.html

I find it great for carrying my bow from the car park to the woods. It falls off my shoulder too easily.
It is indeed similar to that except it is covered in fabric and has a shock cord/bungee loop which goes over the riser and clips on to a hook on the outside. Our friend likes it. That is definitely not a "bow QUIVER" and the "mobile bow stand" works well for him.

BillM

Riceburner

Anybody use a bow quiver when out in the field/ woods, if so, which do you use??

If you mean: somewhere to store the bow when moving about?

Then I do, sort of.

I have a home-made 'stalking' quiver which allows me to hook the bow over the shoulder strap and then hang down across my back inline with the quiver. Makes it very handy for walking about with full use of both hands. :)

Works very well with horsebows because, being less than around 58" (mine are both only about 50" unstrung) they don't hang down too far beyond my waist, didn't work so well with my old 68" take-down. Wasn't terrible, but the bow would catch on the occasional bit of undergrowth.

Riceburner

If you mean: somewhere to store the bow when moving about?

Then I do, sort of.

I have a home-made 'stalking' quiver which allows me to hook the bow over the shoulder strap and then hang down across my back inline with the quiver. Makes it very handy for walking about with full use of both hands. :)

Works very well with horsebows because, being less than around 58" (mine are both only about 50" unstrung) they don't hang down too far beyond my waist, didn't work so well with my old 68" take-down. Wasn't terrible, but the bow would catch on the occasional bit of undergrowth.

Just so anyone interested can see what I'm wittering about....

wully

Supporter
Supporter
AIUK Saviour
I copied this design from a friend and knocked it together out of material scraps - this is the Mk2 version.
Mk3 will have pouches attached for the binoculars etc instead of hanging on the belt.

Riceburner

I copied this design from a friend and knocked it together out of material scraps - this is the Mk2 version.
Mk3 will have pouches attached for the binoculars etc instead of hanging on the belt.

Nice!

Re pouches - I always find that in the woods I do NOT want to be removing the whole kit just to pull something out of a pouch - so all my pouches are on the baldrick (yes, that's what a shoulder strap is sometimes called ;) ), so that I can get into them without taking removing the kit.