Brass nock points

Sinbad

OK, so to get my peep sorted, I used brass nock points for time saving. Shot the bow at home a number of times to sort that out, but didn't change them. when the rain finally stopped. Only did a frostbite shoot, but using my sight marks before the changes (lb still the same as was etc) the arrow went from the gold to low black. it took 6 points on the sight to get them back.

Not a major issue. So when I got home, I removed the brass nocks and tied some in. What will the tied in nocks do to the sight marks, I expect it to go up a couple, but will I get back the 6 I lost?

New arrows being built when the shafts etc arrive, so will be doing walk back at some point, and probably having to move the peep a little if needed as I tend to have it around the 80Y mark, seems good for me for all distances then.

bimble

Supporter
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
AIUK Saviour
remember it doesn't take a lot of movement of the peep to make a big movement to sightmarks. So if your peep was a couple of mm lower than it had been before, that would drop your arrows.

Sinbad

set the site at 80y on the old string before I changed it. Checked it again when fitted in the new one, so should have been about the same. Not a major issue to reset everything, its getting the weather to test the distance :(

KidCurry

AIUK Saviour
remember it doesn't take a lot of movement of the peep to make a big movement to sightmarks. So if your peep was a couple of mm lower than it had been before, that would drop your arrows.
As Bimble says above. You need to record the distance between your nock point and the peep centre. This will also help when you change peep position when going from indoors to outdoors, although some archers don't bother.