British VI/Blind Archers Sweep the podium at World Archery European Championships

robinhood_2nd

Great Britain achieved a 1-2-3 on the visually impaired VI 2/3 podium as the World Archery Para Championships wrapped up on Sunday 30 August in Donaueschingen, Germany.

Steve Prowse defeated fellow Brit Peter Price, 6-2, in the 30-metre set system finals for the VI 2/3 category, which made its first appearance in the World Championships in 2009.

Carmel Bassett beat Italian Claudio Peruffo, also 6-2, buoyed by a 23-point second end to make it an all British podium.

In the VI 1 category, Roger Rees-Evans achieved Silver, missing out on the Gold to the USA?s Janice Walth.

Rik

Supporter
Supporter
I read the title on the post, and I have to admit, my first thought was "oh no. They should have pointed them in the other direction..." :)

But seriously, great result.

Corax67

I read the title on the post, and I have to admit, my first thought was "oh no. They should have pointed them in the other direction..." :)

But seriously, great result.

That is just wrong on so many levels - but it didn't stop me almost choking on my beer :D

Congratulations indeed

Karl