[American Flatbow] Buck trail Bows ?

Harrisonstickle

Has anyone got any feelings or information on the "Buck Trail" bows ? I am thinking about the Blackhawk, Falcon or Vulture but I have found very little info to even compare the range. I am thinking of a dip into something a bit more trad than my recurve but I don't want to go mad budget wise.

Tears

nHello sir,

I got a Buck Trail Blackhawk at end of last year, can't stop smiling. Getting used to shooting though but great fun especially when the others ask how you shoot it without a sight. Also sold all my other scrap...........wouldn't go back to it.

Harrisonstickle

Hi Tears,
I went for the Black Hawk to in the end after finding very information about the Maker/Range on-line. All I did find were a few positive reviews about the Black Hawk and nothing of the Falcon or Vulture. There is a video on you tube by a guy by the name of "Donk" and he was very pleased with it too. I have to say I love the feel of the bow and may end up going the same way as you have.
Tight Groups, Nick.

gasman

I bought one yesterday ,a 68" 30# Blackhawk.

The question I have is what is the braceing height?

I got a Dacron string with it 63 1/4" long which gives me a height of 9".,seems a lot to me and the string has not been twisted yet.

I tried it in the garage last night ( could'nt wait) and it sounded nice, Is this height to high bearing in mind that my draw lenght is 31 1/2".

What length of string came with yours?

Cheers.

Harrisonstickle

I put a "flex Flemish Sting" on my Bow which is 45#, the brace height is currently at a tad under 7". I may put it up to 71/4" just to soften it a little, but at present there is very little hand shock and it feels great. My draw length is 28 1/2". 9" does seem a little high but if it feels OK I would crack on, seems too many people want to tune bows to the finite 1/64". What ever happened to fistmele's ?. I would still love to know what the makers suggest. The string that came with the bow is about 1 1/2" shorter than the flemish, without any twists which would crank it up to 8"ish. I will stick it on and have a look.:bang:

orange-archer

a friend of mine has a vulture? the bambo limbed one, at #35, i can only compare it to my #45 grizzly, but it is a very smooth shooting bow, nice and light, and quiet. i was in the market for one before getting my grizzly, but i may get a blackhawk for a bit of plinking.

Anglian Archer

I recently picked up a Buck Trail Leopard as I wanted a take-down field bow that was as 'clean' as possible (i.e. not bushed for sights/stabilisers). I like it. It seems well made (in China) and sturdy, and the grip is very comfortable. It's supposedly only 5lb heavier than my 50lb English longbow, but seems more than that. However, I don't have anything to measure the draw weight with. Oddly, I've been unable to find any web presence for Buck Trail. I've seen sites that say 'Buck Trial' is a brand name of 'Raven', but I can't find them either.

Hutchie

Bought a Bucktrail Antelope 1 week ago.
Tiny made in china sticker on it

But, I just noticed, the box it came in , the proper box, has SF-ARCHERY.com along the side of it, if that helps the mystery at all.

Oh, and I love it, waiting for some wooden arrows now from bows that is not in bakewell, but in worksop. Friday. Yeehaa

Anglian Archer

Thanks Cougar 72,

I acquired 40# Cougar myself which I use alongside my ELB. I like it, but it has an odd brace height. The height should be around 7 inches (from memory) but even taking all the twists out of the string, the lowest I can get it to is around 8 and a half inches. It looks a bit weird, but shoots well despite noisy 'twanging'.

Any tips?

Cougar72

Thanks Cougar 72,

I acquired 40# Cougar myself which I use alongside my ELB. I like it, but it has an odd brace height. The height should be around 7 inches (from memory) but even taking all the twists out of the string, the lowest I can get it to is around 8 and a half inches. It looks a bit weird, but shoots well despite noisy 'twanging'.

Any tips?
Hi Anglian,

Possibly the string supplied with the bow is too short? Did you struggle stringing it? I've had that problem with other bows and had to have it pointed out to me. But if you're happy with the power you are getting just get some silencers :)

pipertom

Bucktrail

Hi
I have a blackhawk @ 40 and a vulture @ 45
the blackhawk is a great bow and so much fun. However it lacks the arrow speed to reach 60 yards with wood arrows

the vulture is faster due to the bamboo on the limbs.

sirmartin

Hey,

I also own a 50# blackhawk and enjoy it very much although I do not shoot it often. Was looking to get me a Cougar but lefthanded but it was hard to find at shops so I got a Samick Spikeman at 50#. But the cougar is still on my list.

Martin

Davy Tee

Hi
I have a blackhawk @ 40 and a vulture @ 45
the blackhawk is a great bow and so much fun. However it lacks the arrow speed to reach 60 yards with wood arrows

the vulture is faster due to the bamboo on the limbs.
I have the 35lb Black Hawk as long as you get the angle right you'll hit 60yds I can get 80yds form tiger pegs with it just make sure arrows are not too heavy I was using 40-45lb and they dropped like stones

fbirder

I got a 30# Buck Trail Vulture last week. It does feel smoother (just a bit) than the Blackhawk.

Oh - and it had a 'made in China' sticker on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I got a 30# Buck Trail Vulture last week. It does feel smoother (just a bit) than the Blackhawk.

Oh - and it had a 'made in China' sticker on it.