[OTHER] Buck Trail Bows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dubyah

Hello,

Can anyone tell me anything about Buck Trail bows? They seem to be sold by lots of the usual suppliers but a internet search hasn't shed much light, they don't appear to even have a web-site! :shocked::shocked: (Wasn't really that shocked but liked the smilies)

Thanks for any info.

Dubyah

Dubyah

Thanks, have done a quick search and Raven Archery didn't appear to bring up a website..... I have bought a Buck Trail bow and was just interested in who made it and what other bows they made etc.

Dubyah

Dubyah

Thanks Baloo

Tried the link but its a shop rather than an archery manufacturer web site.

Dubyah

MikeD

All I would say, is try before you buy. I have no local shop so mail ordered.

I may have been unlucky, but I got a flatbow marked at 40lbs @ 28lb, but when I measured it using AMO drawlength I got less than 30lbs at my 27.5" drawlength. I returned it and got a replacement, that was just the same. So I returned that one and got a refund.

The bow looked great for the money.

I decided to spend a bit more and after a chat with Christine at KG Archery I placed an order for a 42lb Outlaw, which will be 40lb (or more) on my fingers. I have to wait 3 to 4 weeks for it to be made, in England, but I think it's going to be worth it.

English Bowman

I can recommend KG Bows. I have some KG ILF limbs which are very good. The club also has some training bows based on the Outlaw which are also excellent. I think that you've made a good choice and will be very happy with your bow. (I also know that Kieth and Christine are very good to deal with and in the unlikely event of a problem will do all they can to solve it.)

Dubyah

Thanks to everyone for the information, sorry been off line for a couple of days. The made in China sticker must have fell off but as it wasn't plastered in made in the USA I had assumed the bow was made in Europe somewhere, it doesn't matter is a lovely bow.

Checked the weight, its supposed to be 45# at 28 and is showing 47# for my 29 inch draw length so happy with that.

Have been reading traditional archery by Brian J. Sorrells for some instinctive archery tips but haven't had the chance to try the bow yet :grumpy: oh well the week end is not far away....

drummo

Not sure if you found an answer, but if not I had one for my first bow let me know if you still need info

DaveGregory

Ragim are also well worth a look. I shoot a 35# Black Bear and it's a good value bow for the money. (While I wait for my KG Carbon Osprey to arrive!)

blakey

Hello,

Can anyone tell me anything about Buck Trail bows? They seem to be sold by lots of the usual suppliers but a internet search hasn't shed much light, they don't appear to even have a web-site! :shocked::shocked: (Wasn't really that shocked but liked the smilies)

Thanks for any info.

Dubyah
Merlin Archery seem to have lots of reviews about them:)

Status
Not open for further replies.