Butc

napolienne

Fonz Awardee
OK, I've got over the embarrassment now, so its time to talk about it.

Departed to shoot at BUTC the other week with great excitement, sure I could hit those plastic thingys. After all, they're not that small.

Little did I realise that the last arrow I shot at our practice session, the day before, had not been shot through the clicker (as I'd thought - stoopid but not too terrible), but at the clicker. In Warwick, all set up to shoot the qualification round, I notice the now weirdly twisted clicker and attempt to bend it back into shape, not having a spare.

Foolish mistake.

The clicker was now so bent that it was actually holding arrows against my button at considerable pressure. So once that pressure is removed, the button springs the arrow clean off my rest. And the arrow finds the only gap in the net, hitting the wall. I now have an arrow bent as a dogs hind leg, with the first inch snapped clean off.:jaw-dropp

Did I realise the problem?

Did I hell. I thought it was me. Two more destroyed arrows later, with my qualification score now beyond redemption, I finally realise the problem, remove the clicker and rest, and stick on a good old Hoyt plastic one. Except by now I'm really nervous, and have to shoot my missed ends in front of everybody. Oh the shame. The rest of the day was, needless to say, terrible for me. Though great as a spectator.

Moral of the story - check your equipment BEFORE you go to an important tournament. And if you are going to shoot AT your clicker, have a spare.

Furface

Supporter
When you say "Be the Arrow", I hope that doesn't mean you are now...
napolienne said:
bent as a dogs hind leg, with the first inch snapped clean off.:jaw-dropp
Could've happened to anyone.

Little Miss Purple

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
:beer: It's the catching up on the line on your own that I don't like. "Do you want someone on the line with you??" the caring judge asks.....but what's the point you already know they're kidding! :beer:

sky_high30

The American
Fonz Awardee
Ironman
American Shoot
You were in the Westwood hall weren't you Napolienne ;-). I did wonder who that was...

I was down the other end - the people making funny motions towards the hall from the spectators gallery were JenCG and one of the Durham ladies' fiancee's.