button holes

tel

Fonz Awardee
If a riser has two bushings for the pressure button, is there a rule for which one should go for in any given circumstance?
Thanks

Barry C

Most use the back one, if you use the front one your arrows will tune weaker, as the bending takes place over more of the shaft.

tel

Fonz Awardee
Thanks Barry - Is there a situation where the front one would be preferable then? My main reason for asking is that I bought a flipper rest that, if positioned for the rear bushing, overhangs the back of the riser unacceptably.

Barry C

tel - 5/5/2005 7:53 AM Thanks Barry - Is there a situation where the front one would be preferable then? My main reason for asking is that I bought a flipper rest that, if positioned for the rear bushing, overhangs the back of the riser unacceptably.
</p>

I'm the wrong person to ask. Hopefully Joe Tapley can help out.</p>

joetapley

Button bushing not being above the throat of the grip makes the bow more sensitive to any riser movement during the shot so not preferable - front bushing best used for the glass holder attachment when it's hot and the umbrella attachment when it's raining.

If you have a set of arrows that are too stiff whatever you do then using the front bushing is an option to weaken the arrows as an alternatively to dipping into the wallet.

tel

Fonz Awardee
Sounds pretty convincing - back to the shop for another rest then!
Thanks both.