button & rest

saxonbow

hi folks

this not a question,its just something iam trying out at the mo.
I have been putting the button in the first hole, and leaving the arrow rest suck over the second hole, i theresay its been done before but did it make any odds to the spine or shot outcome, will also trying it vise versa as well.
what do people think.

hooktonboy

The American
Ironman
American Shoot
I think the way around you describe is more or less exactly what a Hoyt Super rest looks like when used with a button, i.e the contact point of the arrow on the arm is ahead of the contact point on the button. I guess that if you get good clearance, then it works.

Rick McKinney tended to shoot with both rest and button in the second hole (nearest the back of the bow - furthest from the archer) and reported that it seemed to give him better clearance - conventional wisdom is this could make the arrow behave a little "weaker" - but I've never tried it, so be interested to see how you get on with it. Must admit, my bet is it will be inconclusive.

Darth Tom

The original idea of having two holes in the riser was so you could move the button to aid tuning. The second hole was widely repurposed in the late 90's / early 2000's to attach a wrap around arrow rest which screwed through whichever hole wasn't used for the button.

I haven't tested this thoroughly, but I suspect that the tendency toward long-shanked insert points these days with ultra-thin shafts, cut as short as possible for optimal weight, makes putting the button in the forward hole less viable - no matter the tune, that's further from the node point. It could however be of interest when using a short-shanked point (eg. Pro Points indoors or ACC / RPS insert points), especially if the arrow is quite long.

saxonbow

I think the way around you describe is more or less exactly what a Hoyt Super rest looks like when used with a button, i.e the contact point of the arrow on the arm is ahead of the contact point on the button. I guess that if you get good clearance, then it works.

Rick McKinney tended to shoot with both rest and button in the second hole (nearest the back of the bow - furthest from the archer) and reported that it seemed to give him better clearance - conventional wisdom is this could make the arrow behave a little "weaker" - but I've never tried it, so be interested to see how you get on with it. Must admit, my bet is it will be inconclusive.
well test complete arrow rest on back hole ,button in front hole did weaken the spine of my ace,s and vise versa did give better clearance.