Charges at "Have a Go's"

Greenman

Fonz Awardee
Just wondering what we should charge for say 6 arrows, we have got GNAS approved procedure sorted out but have no idea what would be reasonble, current thinking is 6 arrows for ?1. It is at a local Gala.

Robin Astra

We charged ?2 for six arrows at our local village fete recently. We had people queuing up most of the time.

Robin

Vanya Goud

Ironman
At our local show last year we charged ?1 for 6 arrows and could not keep up with demand. Tempted to push it to ?1 for 3 arrows this year.

Advice: Get plenty of helpers, we were exhausted at the end of the day.

Huffy

When we do have a goes (Hags as they are know in the club) we charge ?1 for 5 arrows. We used to do 3 arrows for 50 pence but as most of the time for each customer is explaining how to shoot the amount of time was not much shorter.
Most of our sets of arrows are in groups of six,5 arrows means that we can be sticking fletchings back on without losing the whole set

Hope this is of use, Mark Huff

john rowland

Just wondering what we should charge for say 6 arrows, we have got GNAS approved procedure sorted out but have no idea what would be reasonble, current thinking is 6 arrows for ?1. It is at a local Gala.
a ?1 is a standard charge for have a goe,s any more and you will find your queue will shorten rapidly.
John

Flying Whale

Typically ?1 or ?1.50 for 6 arrows. Depends a little on the audience.

I agree that doing just 3 arrows is more time consuming, so would recommend 6's (most of our sets are 8 arrows)

napolienne

Fonz Awardee
We charged ?1.50 per 6 at the Wolvercote village festival - had nearly 100 people cough that up. People were still joining the queue at 5 when the other stall holders had packed up and gone home.

King Custard

Charge 'em ?3 - and only count 'good' arrows....make the little 'uns work to get the most for their money....or charge ?2 and be so impressed with their first six arrows that they can another 6 for nowt.....hand out club details to those that 'you think have some developable ability!

phil_r_58

Supporter
Supporter
Ironman
Charge 'em ?3 - and only count 'good' arrows....make the little 'uns work to get the most for their money....or charge ?2 and be so impressed with their first six arrows that they can another 6 for nowt.....hand out club details to those that 'you think have some developable ability!
When myself and a couple of club members used to do HAGS, we had prepared a few handouts, giving a brief description of each type of archery, National association details, EFAA, NFAS and GNAS, with details of our club, EFAA/NFAS, and other clubs in the county. We didn't railroad people into our branch, we just wanted people of any age, sex or ability to become archers. But I wonder how many GNAS clubs would tell people on a HAG stand about their local NFAS/EFAA clubs, rather than about GNAS exclusively ?

Incidentally, we did a have a stand at an old folks home summer fayre, many years ago, this young lad kept coming back, so when it went quiet, we gave him free goes. He went on to join Lincoln or Scunthorpe archers, GNAS clubs, and ended up at LILLESHALL, with the national squad, and competing all over the world. so HAGS can work out rewarding. His name was Ian Crowther, I wonder if he is still shooting ? Maybe someone out there knows.

Raedwald

We just spent 2 days at the Norfolk Show, charging ?1 for 6 arrows. It's a nice, easy number, youngsters can afford it (or parents don't mind being pestered and might even have a go themselves).

slartibartfast

I think ?2 for six arrows is a fair price and most people will be prepared to pay it. The air rifle stalls usually charge this and don't have to give anything like the help we do.

MINIMike

We charged 50p for 3 arrows at our recent yearly outing to one of our local English Heritage castles and we had trouble keeping up with demand.

Blinkin' had work though! :dizzy:

jet186

I think ?2.00 for 6 arrows is more than a fair price, if you've ever been to an event such as a Grand Prix or a British Touring car round ?2.00 seems very cheap, at the end of the day, you're trying to raise funds for your club, and raise the club and the sports profile with the general public. Anyway good luck with the gala and I hope you don't experience typical British summer weather.
Best regards

John

MINIMike

I think ?2.00 for 6 arrows is more than a fair price, if you've ever been to an event such as a Grand Prix or a British Touring car round ?2.00 seems very cheap
Hey John, where can I have a go in an F1 or BTCC car for 2 quid?

Can I have a go? Can I? Please. please, please!

yawazz

?1 for six arrows i think is fair, i know we're out to make money for our club but also to raise the profile of the sport. We also give details of other local clubs both field and target.

ThePinkOne

?1 for six arrows i think is fair, i know we're out to make money for our club but also to raise the profile of the sport. We also give details of other local clubs both field and target.
?1 for 6 arrows seems about the going rate- it's what most of the clubs in our areas charge too.

P.

Greenman

Fonz Awardee
Thanks for the ideas, I think we are going for 5 arrows for ?1 on the basis that with our motley collection of arrows we can make sets of 5 no problem, only managed to make 3 sets of 6. To help identify each set have used coloured insulating tape to easily identify each set. If any body shows a real interest and keeps coming back we will be flexible on the charges, after all someone who is really keen is worth more than a couple of quid gained when they could be a new member. While making a bit of money is partly the reason for doing this we could do with some more adult members, and this way we could see who might be interested and give them some info. We had an unfortunate recruit, of a family, father, mother and son. The mother and son were fine but the father was a bully, scared his son and thought he knew it all after a couple of weeks, and we didn't know what to do about the situation, as it was making people uncomfortable, luckily for us the problem resolved itself when the mother started shooting better than him, and they stopped coming! We could easily get a feature on us in the Local rag, but thought we might have been inundated with potential recruits and we couldn't have coped. The Hag scenario seemed a more controllable environment for recruiting potential new members, and if we only get 1 it will have been worthwhile. It's not meant to be elitist just what we can manage, oh and if this makes us sound desperate we're not.